U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 07:04 AM

544 posts, read 855,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Aw the sad righties resorting to personal attacks when someone takes their phallic symb....I mean guns away. Humorous and I'm proud to be a Marylander, maybe live in a state you don't constantly feel the need to complain about...
Sorry, I'm a registered independent who usually votes Dem on the national ticket but GOP on the state ticket because of the level of retarded that our Democrats in MD have attained. Also, I'm a woman, so no use making little dick jokes to me.

So, way to generalize, idiot. There are a ton of left-leaning gun owners in this country, and we constantly get ignored by people like you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 05:26 AM

6,473 posts, read 10,733,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Hmmm, we don't have excessive laws over here and yet gun crime isn't exactly happening all the time.

Removing your so called loophole won't solve anything.
Yah, considering most of the guns used for crime here come from large purchases in pa and va ...
It will.

It should be hard to buy a gun. It should be very hard to buy a hundred guns. Cry me a river. Decrease supply to criminals, fewer people get killed where I live.

We are a regional powerhouse for the heroin trade. The tools of that trade are guns purchased by straw buyers in VA and PA. It isn't just Baltimoreans using it, either - check out how many good ol boys with wv. Pa and ba plates are coming to the corners to score.

So "we have all these guns, and were fine!" Doesn't work for here. We need to reduce the supply of illegally ontaine guns and raise the price considerably. People are still going to get killed so long as folks out in the country and suburbs need their fix and the dope keeps coming through our port. But a dramatic increase in the price of illegal weapons would reduce the number killed.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 04-02-2013 at 11:33 AM.. Reason: Inappropriate language: If the word is filtered, please don't attemt to circumvent it.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsUpThumbsDown View Post
Yah, considering most of the guns used for crime here come from large purchases in pa and va ...
It will.
How will making it harder for law abiding citizens to buy guns in Maryland affect crime at all, if most of the guns used for crime in MD are bought out of state?

Quote:
raise the price considerably.
Oh, so only the rich should be able to own guns? That doesn't sound very liberal to me.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:22 AM

2,268 posts, read 1,735,404 times
Moderator cut: Orphaned comment

Quote:
It will.

It should be hard to buy a gun. It should be very hard to buy a hundred guns. Cry me a river. Decrease supply to criminals, fewer people get killed where I live.

We are a regional powerhouse for the heroin trade. The tools of that trade are guns purchased by straw buyers in VA and PA. It isn't just Baltimoreans using it, either - check out how many good ol boys with wv. Pa and ba plates are coming to the corners to score.

So "we have all these guns, and were fine!" Doesn't work for here. We need to reduce the supply of illegally ontaine guns and raise the price considerably. People are still going to get killed so long as folks out in the country and suburbs need their fix and the dope keeps coming through our port. But a dramatic increase in the price of illegal weapons would reduce the number killed.
1) You can't stop straw purchases.
2) It should not be hard to buy a gun.
3) Funny how MD always whines about guns and crime from VA and PA yet VA and PA don't have the same level of crime. That clearly means the problem isn't guns but rather Marylanders and the ghetto known as Baltimore...

Last edited by bmwguydc; 04-02-2013 at 11:32 AM..

Old 04-01-2013, 08:32 AM

4,222 posts, read 6,995,819 times
Quote:
It will.

It should be hard to buy a gun. It should be very hard to buy a hundred guns. Cry me a ****ing river. Decrease supply to criminals, fewer people get killed where I live.

Why pass laws that only affect LEGAL gun owners and users? Why not pass a law making it a MANDATORY thirty years w/no parole for anyone using a gun in a crime? This would not INFRINGE on the rights of law abiding citizens. In a few months under a law like this the people that are the real problem would be behind bars for a long time. The word would get around among the criminal element that using a gun to commit a crime is not worth it.

GL2

Old 04-01-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
Why pass laws that only affect LEGAL gun owners and users? Why not pass a law making it a MANDATORY thirty years w/no parole for anyone using a gun in a crime? This would not INFRINGE on the rights of law abiding citizens. In a few months under a law like this the people that are the real problem would be behind bars for a long time. The word would get around among the criminal element that using a gun to commit a crime is not worth it.

GL2
In a fit of idiocy, the House committee did vote down an amendment that would prevent convicts from getting their sentence reduced for good behavior if they were incarcerated due to a gun-related crime.

So our government thinks it's ok to take guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens, but it's not ok to keep people who commit crimes with guns behind bars.

One of your anti-gun people, can you please explain this logic to me?

Old 04-01-2013, 09:05 AM

2,268 posts, read 1,735,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reiflame View Post
In a fit of idiocy, the House committee did vote down an amendment that would prevent convicts from getting their sentence reduced for good behavior if they were incarcerated due to a gun-related crime.

So our government thinks it's ok to take guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens, but it's not ok to keep people who commit crimes with guns behind bars.

Not just the govt but all the scared, anti-liberty, anti-gun fools...

Old 04-01-2013, 07:36 PM

1,736 posts, read 1,418,531 times
Quote:
It will.

It should be hard to buy a gun. It should be very hard to buy a hundred guns. Cry me a ****ing river. Decrease supply to criminals, fewer people get killed where I live.

I'm not against making it harder to obtain a firearm, we really need to weed out those who aren't capable of owning one, but having the option of obtaining one is helpful and allows home owners and other law-abiding residents to protect themselves in needs of self defense. Gun control isn't stopping criminals.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:39 PM

558 posts, read 1,137,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reiflame View Post

I can explain it to you. Those Dem machine politicians rely on those very criminals and their families for votes. They're protecting their constituents by eliminating their occupational hazards. Robbing people is much easier if you know your victims are disarmed and you know that the penalties for doing so are light or non-existent. It's a win-win situation for the Dem politicians and their constituents. Instead of being shot trying to rob someone, you get their wallet, get off scott free and then go vote for a Democrat in the next election.

Old 04-03-2013, 04:15 PM

1,736 posts, read 1,418,531 times
I am not surprised, but I am deeply disappointed with the state government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland