U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 05:13 AM

16 posts, read 17,849 times

Advertisements

Thank you both! Bobby was a bartender so probably no reportable income. Yes, that Catherine Lee with the death date of 8/17/98 is the one. That, plus the guardianship of the daughter is all I can find out.

Mostly, I am looking for the newspaper reporting of the accident, any information on the father or his sisters. The children, now adults, have been moved many times and have experienced some recent family deaths. One of them being the uncle who raised the male as his own son, which brought up questions for him. I guess I'm just trying to find some closure for them as nothing is documented and they only seem to receive drive-by information from one of the aunts. Again, the aunts are NOT forthcoming with much verified information. One of the latest tidbits is they may have a 1/2 brother with red hair. ??????

Thanks for all your help and suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 08:40 AM

10,153 posts, read 13,855,421 times
Sending you a phone number to call to get details on the accident and the police report.
Give them a call.

I called a police dept. in Baltimore three years ago about an auto accident involving one of my parent's relatives and they gave me all the details.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:02 PM

Mostly, I am looking for the newspaper reporting of the accident, any information on the father or his sisters.
-------------------------------
Who is Barbara Orsag?

Do you know where Bobby's parents were born?
Grandparents names or parents names can be searched using the 1940 census.
Obituaries for Bobby's parents (or grandparents) can give clues as to their survivors, like the married name of his sisters.

Bobby's sister are likely married. The obituary for Bobby's parents and grandparents may tell their names. The chances are very good that Bobby, or his sisters attended their funerals. If you can not find Bobby, find his parents and grandparents.

Last edited by howard555; 04-04-2013 at 01:22 PM..

Old 04-06-2013, 05:36 AM

672 posts, read 1,738,401 times
It does seem odd that a vehicular homicide involving a DUI wouldn't be in the Baltimore Sun. Hmm, strange.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysovsumr View Post
Catherine's grave is just her name, birthdate and date of death. Bobby Bell was cremated.
Where is Catherine buried and the name of the cemetery?

Who told you that Bobby was cremated = what funeral home handled that?

Catherine's husband is still alive. He won't help you with any details?

Who is Barbara Orsag?

Do you know where Bobby's parents were born?

Grandparents names or parents names can be searched using the 1940 census.
Obituaries for Bobby's parents (or grandparents) can give clues as to their survivors, like the married name of his sisters.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:31 AM

Yes, Bobby Bell still a mystery. All I have to go on is that he was from NC, a bartender and about 15-20 years older than Catherine.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:15 AM

11,090 posts, read 18,635,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boysovsumr View Post
Yes, Bobby Bell still a mystery. All I have to go on is that he was from NC, a bartender and about 15-20 years older than Catherine.
Could his name have actually been Bobby Ray Bell? There is one Robeson County, North Carolina birth in 1953, where the child was labelled Indian. The mother was a Hammond, and the father was much older. The father died when the boy was 10. I'll send you a DM if this sounds possible.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:10 AM

Yes, it sounds definitely possible. Please send a DM. Thank you!!

Old 04-22-2013, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
I just looked on the s.s. death index and I only find one Catherine Machi and she was the one that died in 1980. Where are you seeing the Catherine you are asking about on the s.s. death index?

You are helping her two children who are now adults.
What information do you want about the "guardianship" of her son?

Not everyone has an obituary since they cost money. Some people die and their relatives can not be quickly located and the coroner can cremate the body if not claimed within X numbers of days or weeks, and the laws may be different in each state.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
I found an SSDI entry for Catherine M Lee (her married name) with the August 1988 death date.
Your information about the lack of obituary is helpful.
The accident report gave the Op what they needed on Catherine.
It was good to hear it gave them the closure they sought.

goldenage1:
It looks like you have some good leads on Mr. Bell, and hopefully they get some results.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:21 PM

BD is believed to be 12/19/?? for Bobby and death date is 6/18/97
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland