Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 08:08 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,528,192 times

Advertisements

This pretty much wraps up Southern Maryland in a nutshell, and probably the Baltimore area as well.
Old Bay, Blue Crabs, and letting people know MD is a southern state.....

**** Marylanders Say - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 10:29 AM

6,998 posts, read 11,291,625 times
"What do they know about crab cakes?"

Truer words never said.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:32 PM

45,319 posts, read 60,489,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahatma X View Post
This pretty much wraps up Southern Maryland in a nutshell, and probably the Baltimore area as well.
Old Bay, Blue Crabs, and letting people know MD is a southern state.....

**** Marylanders Say - YouTube
You don't get out of the 'hood much do you?

Old 05-03-2013, 07:54 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,069,038 times
There is a new Facebook page started this year, by and about Southern Marylanders, called "Redneck Broadcasting Network" which has satirical things just like this.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:04 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,528,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You don't get out of the 'hood much do you?
Was that a bigot post from a good ole boy redneck in Calvert county?
Besides I don't even live in the hood, far from it. I can't begin to tell you how diverse my neighborhood is. Not only that but I travel a lot and know Maryland very well. You folks down in SoMD are all about crabs, old bay, and the history of MD... People in Baltimore say hon and eat crabs all day. In MoCo you got a bunch of posh people who keep up with the Jones and love their starbucks and whole foods, oh yea and I forgot about all the immigrants. Whenever I go out to the Eastern Shore though all I think about its slaves for some reason. Easton, Salisbury, Crisfield, Ewell, Rhodes Point, Tylerton and all those small towns over there are very country and provincial. Many people there have never been west of the Chesapeake.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:39 AM

45,319 posts, read 60,489,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahatma X View Post
Was that a bigot post from a good ole boy redneck in Calvert county?
Besides I don't even live in the hood, far from it. I can't begin to tell you how diverse my neighborhood is. Not only that but I travel a lot and know Maryland very well. You folks down in SoMD are all about crabs, old bay, and the history of MD... People in Baltimore say hon and eat crabs all day. In MoCo you got a bunch of posh people who keep up with the Jones and love their starbucks and whole foods, oh yea and I forgot about all the immigrants. Whenever I go out to the Eastern Shore though all I think about its slaves for some reason. Easton, Salisbury, Crisfield, Ewell, Rhodes Point, Tylerton and all those small towns over there are very country and provincial. Many people there have never been west of the Chesapeake.

You post semi-racist **** like you did (and do regularly) and then have the balls to call me a bigot?

I'm happy your neighborhood is "diverse". Learn somethimg from them.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:26 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,507,052 times
I guess I'm missing where this is racist.

Old 05-04-2013, 02:39 PM

607 posts, read 1,372,092 times
Well, the DC 'burbs are for the most part not Southern, and at least half of the Baltimore region isn't either (southern and eastern portions not included). Entertaining video, though. :P

Old 05-06-2013, 06:18 AM

39 posts, read 92,999 times
If you're from MoCo or PG, you're probably saying "I'm from DC".....unless you're talking to someone who actually is from DC lol.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:17 PM

607 posts, read 1,372,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky93 View Post
If you're from MoCo or PG, you're probably saying "I'm from DC".....unless you're talking to someone who actually is from DC lol.
Not true, when I lived in Bethesda we usually said "the DMV" or the "DC metro area." We never say "DC" without including the metro (generally DC suburbanites dislike being associated with areas of DC like the southeast quadrant, for instance).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland