U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2013, 01:27 PM

7 posts, read 20,099 times

Advertisements

HELLO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!! I will be moving to owings mills in next few weeks, does anybody have an idea of how the place is e.g safety and crime rate and as we know crime has no address but compared to other plc is it minmal or worst and is it a quiet plc to raise a family for now. I'm considering buy house in another part of MD just not yet wanted to test out waters first considering i'm moving from (NY)a big city to MD. don't mind travelling next town over for shopping,but overall pls let me know if any one has or lived in surrounding areas of owings mills. Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 04:03 PM

26,837 posts, read 57,830,396 times
you'll be fine.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:05 AM

Ok i guess ur saying the area is okay then or the crime is minamal.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:42 AM

11,090 posts, read 18,613,184 times
I'd say the crime is "average" for Baltimore County, based on looking at Spot-crime. There is much retail in the area so you will see shop-liftings. Plus, wherever people congregate (like Malls and Metro stops) there will be fights resulting in assaults. If you pick an apartment in a quiet location (perhaps up on a hill), you should be OK.

Old 05-18-2013, 03:20 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,875,244 times
I don't think Owings Mills is the desirable area it once was in the 90's. The public schools are not so great, and there are some shady areas particularly around certain apartment and townhome developments. Lots of people will tell you that the area is fine with little to no crime, and that may certainly be the case but I have a feeling most people with kids or even being single, might look elsewhere to other vibrant communities such as Towson and Ellicott City.

It seems as if once in a blue moon another thread always comes up about Owings Mills as it relates to safety and crime. When threads like these come up, it usually is a red flag.

Old 06-02-2013, 06:29 PM

Oh okay well will see how goes.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:40 PM

5 posts, read 11,886 times
I live about 10 miles west of Owings Mills. Like any place, there are good areas and bad areas. Owings Mills is big enough and close enough to Baltimore to have some of both. I know several people that lived there and I never heard any major complaints from them about the area. Like santafe400 said, it isn't quite what it used to be (Owings Mills Mall lost some anchor stores) but it is making a slow comeback. My brother-in-law often takes the Metro from Owings Mills into downtown Baltimore. Many of the areas surrounding Owings Mills are very scenic drives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland