U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 04:37 PM

1,736 posts, read 1,472,033 times

Advertisements

Cecil County

Harford County

I hear Frederick and Carroll counties are proposing something similar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 07:03 PM

544 posts, read 883,240 times
Good for them. It's clearly unconstitutional using the bar set by Heller and McDonald - SCOTUS determined that states cannot ban guns in common use. The AR15 is the most common rifle in America; how could that possibly be considered anything other than common use?

I'm so glad I'm moving; being fingerprinted like a common criminal in order to exercise a constitutional right is abhorrent.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:37 PM

Anyone including these pro-gun control advocates do not care about the victims of Newtown, CO, or any other victim in these types of tragedies. They just don't.

It is also awful that they use these tragedies to further their cause. Terrible.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:39 PM

607 posts, read 1,086,005 times
Hopefully FredCo doesn't follow along, we don't need any gun toters in the new planned suburban areas.
What is it with Harford County anyway? I thought they'd be against guns, not for.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_J View Post
Hopefully FredCo doesn't follow along, we don't need any gun toters in the new planned suburban areas.
What is it with Harford County anyway? I thought they'd be against guns, not for.
It must be really depressing and lonely to be living in fear doesn't it?

Old 05-17-2013, 12:56 PM

607 posts, read 1,086,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
It must be really depressing and lonely to be living in fear doesn't it?
I've nothing against people who use guns for hunting in rural areas, but I don't see a reason to have guns if you live in the suburbs. They pose nothing but a safety threat there.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_J View Post
I've nothing against people who use guns for hunting in rural areas, but I don't see a reason to have guns if you live in the suburbs. They pose nothing but a safety threat there.
I see people carry in VA and PA yet they haven't caused any trouble. What's your point?

Old 05-17-2013, 02:56 PM

6,473 posts, read 11,058,948 times
Quote:
I see people carry in VA and PA yet they haven't caused any trouble. What's your point?
You've really left yourself open here for a whole bunch of links to kids playing with their parents' guns who have shot themselves or others in VA and PA, guns being stolen from homes, etc etc. I won't post 'em, but you get the idea.

"They haven't caused any trouble" is what, exactly - blissful ignorance?

Old 05-17-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsUpThumbsDown View Post
You've really left yourself open here for a whole bunch of links to kids playing with their parents' guns who have shot themselves or others in VA and PA, guns being stolen from homes, etc etc. I won't post 'em, but you get the idea.

"They haven't caused any trouble" is what, exactly - blissful ignorance?
And whose fault is it? The government?

Carrying a gun comes with big responsibility. If it discharges by accident in any instance, the gun owner is fully responsible for his/her actions. Also, if you can't keep your firearms secure and away from being stolen or in harms way, you should take the blame for that. In VA and PA, you aren't permitted to carry in certain areas and that's fine with me.

Old 05-17-2013, 03:14 PM

6,473 posts, read 11,058,948 times
Quote:
Carrying a gun comes with big responsibility. If it discharges by accident in any instance, the gun owner is fully responsible for his/her actions. Also, if you can't keep your firearms secure and away from being stolen or in harms way, you should take the blame for that. In VA and PA, you aren't permitted to carry in certain areas and that's fine with me.
I agree. I just found your previous post that people who carried guns "haven't caused any trouble" is rather polyanna-ish, and inaccurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or