U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-16-2013, 04:37 PM
 
1,736 posts, read 1,472,033 times
Reputation: 522

Advertisements

Cecil County

Harford County

I hear Frederick and Carroll counties are proposing something similar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-16-2013, 07:03 PM
 
544 posts, read 883,240 times
Reputation: 493
Good for them. It's clearly unconstitutional using the bar set by Heller and McDonald - SCOTUS determined that states cannot ban guns in common use. The AR15 is the most common rifle in America; how could that possibly be considered anything other than common use?

I'm so glad I'm moving; being fingerprinted like a common criminal in order to exercise a constitutional right is abhorrent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2013, 07:37 PM
 
1,736 posts, read 1,472,033 times
Reputation: 522
Anyone including these pro-gun control advocates do not care about the victims of Newtown, CO, or any other victim in these types of tragedies. They just don't.

It is also awful that they use these tragedies to further their cause. Terrible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2013, 07:39 PM
 
Location: MD suburbs of DC
607 posts, read 1,086,005 times
Reputation: 426
Hopefully FredCo doesn't follow along, we don't need any gun toters in the new planned suburban areas.
What is it with Harford County anyway? I thought they'd be against guns, not for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2013, 08:22 PM
 
1,736 posts, read 1,472,033 times
Reputation: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_J View Post
Hopefully FredCo doesn't follow along, we don't need any gun toters in the new planned suburban areas.
What is it with Harford County anyway? I thought they'd be against guns, not for.
It must be really depressing and lonely to be living in fear doesn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2013, 12:56 PM
 
Location: MD suburbs of DC
607 posts, read 1,086,005 times
Reputation: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
It must be really depressing and lonely to be living in fear doesn't it?
I've nothing against people who use guns for hunting in rural areas, but I don't see a reason to have guns if you live in the suburbs. They pose nothing but a safety threat there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2013, 02:34 PM
 
1,736 posts, read 1,472,033 times
Reputation: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_J View Post
I've nothing against people who use guns for hunting in rural areas, but I don't see a reason to have guns if you live in the suburbs. They pose nothing but a safety threat there.
I see people carry in VA and PA yet they haven't caused any trouble. What's your point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2013, 02:56 PM
 
Location: North Baltimore ----> Seattle
6,473 posts, read 11,058,948 times
Reputation: 3117
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
I see people carry in VA and PA yet they haven't caused any trouble. What's your point?
You've really left yourself open here for a whole bunch of links to kids playing with their parents' guns who have shot themselves or others in VA and PA, guns being stolen from homes, etc etc. I won't post 'em, but you get the idea.

"They haven't caused any trouble" is what, exactly - blissful ignorance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2013, 03:06 PM
 
1,736 posts, read 1,472,033 times
Reputation: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsUpThumbsDown View Post
You've really left yourself open here for a whole bunch of links to kids playing with their parents' guns who have shot themselves or others in VA and PA, guns being stolen from homes, etc etc. I won't post 'em, but you get the idea.

"They haven't caused any trouble" is what, exactly - blissful ignorance?
And whose fault is it? The government?


Carrying a gun comes with big responsibility. If it discharges by accident in any instance, the gun owner is fully responsible for his/her actions. Also, if you can't keep your firearms secure and away from being stolen or in harms way, you should take the blame for that. In VA and PA, you aren't permitted to carry in certain areas and that's fine with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2013, 03:14 PM
 
Location: North Baltimore ----> Seattle
6,473 posts, read 11,058,948 times
Reputation: 3117
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
Carrying a gun comes with big responsibility. If it discharges by accident in any instance, the gun owner is fully responsible for his/her actions. Also, if you can't keep your firearms secure and away from being stolen or in harms way, you should take the blame for that. In VA and PA, you aren't permitted to carry in certain areas and that's fine with me.
I agree. I just found your previous post that people who carried guns "haven't caused any trouble" is rather polyanna-ish, and inaccurate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top