U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 08:11 AM

11,090 posts, read 18,618,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by devon3 View Post
My apologies MrRational, I read your question wrong. The Comcast office in Millersville.
It is in an office park off I-97. The closest suburban towns are Severna Park, Gambrills, Odenton, Crofton, Crownsville and Pasadena. You might read up on any comments on these towns.

For more of an interesting life, it is also an easy commute from South Baltimore, about 17 miles or 25 minutes. It is also an easy commute from Annapolis if you want waterfront amenities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2013, 08:19 AM

26,840 posts, read 57,851,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devon3 View Post
My apologies MrRational, I read your question wrong.
The Comcast office in Millersville.
ahh. I did similar.
I assumed work was in DC and someone pointed you to Millersville to live.

Living close to work will always make sense.
Certainly for the first year and/or until you have a specific reason (hint hint) to go elsewhere.

The variety of after hours adult sports & rec there? Not an issue. Maryland SportsPlex
The once a week dinner out, movies, theater will have you heading to DC or B'more.
You'll be fine.

Old 06-08-2013, 08:54 AM

22 posts, read 19,589 times
Excellent, I will read up on Severna Park, Gambrills, Odenton, Crofton, Crownsville and Pasadena.

Thank you both for the great information.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:08 AM

5,823 posts, read 3,766,928 times
I live on the Eastern Shore and work out of the house, going into both DC and Baltimore. FWIW, I feel safer going into Washington, than I do Baltimore. I think there is a noticeable difference in mindset in the local governments when it comes to policing the citizenry. Washington has an interest in maintaining an international reputation, while Baltimore officials seem to care much less.

If I had to live in either city Washington would be my first choice. If I were working outside of either city, I wouldn't live in either one. If you have the need to make use of the amenities either one offers, you still can. If, after a time you find out there is just as much to do outside the city, you can do that. Either way, if it were me, I would get a better night's sleep.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:36 PM

116 posts, read 162,955 times
I think Annapolis would be a better, safer, cheaper alternative over South Baltimore. Millersville is a mix of business, industry, and residence. Not much night life. Crofton is nearby and growing rapidly.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:21 AM

22 posts, read 19,589 times
Thank goodness for Airbnb. I will check out both Annapolis & South Baltimore. Annapolis sounds/looks really pretty but it seems older and I could very well be wrong and South Baltimore seems more my speed.

I did just watch this video on Annapolis
Come Visit Annapolis! - YouTube#! (its very boring by the way)

Old 06-13-2013, 11:03 PM

31 posts, read 48,683 times
I currently work in Odenton in the afternoons. I usually leave work at 4:45pm and the traffic from there to Southwest Baltimore is lovely. I can get home in 30 minutes taking Telegraph Rd to 100 to 97 to 695 to 295. Just beautiful, on the other hand, traffic going in the opposite direction, especially before I hop on the highway is a different story.

Old 06-15-2013, 10:17 PM

116 posts, read 162,955 times
Deaf girl, why don't you skip 97 and 695? Just take 100 to 295.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or