U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2013, 04:11 PM

1 posts, read 860 times

Advertisements

Hello I am moving to this area in August and I am considering renting from West Creek Village Apartments in Elkton. Most reviews seem decent but I've seen a few that claim the neighborhood backing up to it is a dangerous one. I am moving from the west coast and won't be able to see an apartment and its surroundings before I commit to it, so I'm pretty nervous.

Everything about these apartments looks great, with the exception of the possibility that I would be living in a dangerous area. There was a thread here on this subject but it was from several years ago so I can't be sure how accurate the information is now. I am mostly concerned about being unable to be out of my apartment after dark or feeling that my vehicle is not safe in the parking lot. If anyone can shed some light on this for me I would be unbelievably grateful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 07:34 AM

11,225 posts, read 19,670,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammy_D View Post
Hello I am moving to this area in August and I am considering renting from West Creek Village Apartments in Elkton. Most reviews seem decent but I've seen a few that claim the neighborhood backing up to it is a dangerous one. I am moving from the west coast and won't be able to see an apartment and its surroundings before I commit to it, so I'm pretty nervous.
The Elkton Police Department provides you with a link to CrimeReports.com: http://www.elktonpolicedepartment.org/ See the blue button at the bottom right of the page, and enter the address of the apartments. All it shows is several sex offenders. You might contact the Police to see if they are channeled into the neighboring complex and if they are on probation.

Depending on where your job is, you might look for an alternative. However, I personally would not be bothered by sex offenders when the police keep an eye on them.

Last edited by goldenage1; 06-04-2013 at 07:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland