U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 05:28 AM

905 posts, read 2,216,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
Actually, the VW's aren't bad. They really aren't even noticeable. True, I hate the buzzing noises of the fart cans but there really aren't too many of them and they don't affect any of the activities one might do during a vacation. They're not in the restaurants or the bars and the hotels have many vacancy's available. That crowd doesn't really have any money to spend so they just gather in whatever field is set aside for them outside of town. They really are a non-issue. There aren't too many of them at all.

The bikes, however, would be an issue if someone doesn't want to deal with them. The restaurants and the bars are packed. The hotels are full. The noise. The burnouts. It's called Delmarva bike week and it has gotten pretty big. No, it's not like Daytona but we are starting to see a bunch of bikers from SC on up to Maine and west to the Mississippi. It pretty much covers the whole central part of Delmarva with OC being a main gathering place. Personally, I think it's good for the town and there aren't really any problems. No more then a typical summer weekend. But I figured it should be mentioned for someone to consider it if they are planning a weekend get away.
It is really interesting to hear that point of view from a local. I was under the impression that the locals hated the VW crowd especially after that guy put his supra into a stairwell. I have been going for years now and if I wasn't into cars I would think I would hate it. Most of the bars and clubs are filled with people in their 20s and the strip is absolutely packed with cars all day and night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 02:22 PM

2,250 posts, read 2,726,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tercel95 View Post
It is really interesting to hear that point of view from a local. I was under the impression that the locals hated the VW crowd especially after that guy put his supra into a stairwell. I have been going for years now and if I wasn't into cars I would think I would hate it. Most of the bars and clubs are filled with people in their 20s and the strip is absolutely packed with cars all day and night.
The locals aren't to fond of them because they don't spend any money. The bikers fill up the bars and restaurants and spend a lot of money. Yea, the bikes are loud but the people have no problem going out. Personally I'm not to fond of the VW's. Not my style. I like the classic cars. However, locals complain about them as well because they break out their lawn chairs and drink what they brought from home. They don't spend much. But in their defense, they are there to look at cars. They can't hang out in the bars and show off their cars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland