U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2013, 06:05 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,875,755 times

Advertisements

Are other people noticing the white jeeps hidden strategically behind the blue porta potties on some of the states busiest freeways capturing the so called speeders. When our finest patrol officers should be targeting the aggresive drivers that seem only to care about themselves and making it to their unimportant job on time.

It's not so much the fact that the state utilizes these jeeps to target and ticket fast drivers that makes me upset, its the fact that hiding these cameras prove that driver safety is indeed not a priority. In fact, I've almost had numerous fender benders from vehicles slamming on their breaks after spotting the "hidden jeep." In addition, I love how they strategically move the jeeps every couple of days, to "catch" unsuspecting motorist. It's almost like a game of hide and go seek! If fact, the state highway department has gotten really good over the past year hiding the white jeep in spots where they are almost impossible to spot, like behind porta potties. Did I also mention, that the jeep is a great catalyst for causing traffic jams during morning rush hour.

Last edited by santafe400; 06-13-2013 at 06:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 06:46 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,016,098 times
The jeeps are not that well hidden. Anyone paying attention could easily spot them. They are placed after you past the sign telling you your speed. Putting them behind the potties is hilarious. They make it much easier for drivers to know exactly where they are located. I see nothing strategic about the camera location.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:55 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,875,755 times
Quote:
Putting them behind the potties is hilarious
Agreed!

Old 06-13-2013, 08:05 PM

6,014 posts, read 6,518,511 times
If a driver is 'on the ball' all you need to do is look for them.

My beef is officials SAY it's about road worker safety -- but the camera is there when there's no work being done. So the worker safety argument is BS.

The good this is at least camera tickets are no points -- so no insurance rate hike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland