U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2013, 08:30 PM

10,725 posts, read 19,082,110 times

Advertisements

So sad supposedly it will be on the news tonight, my cousins' home was shot at randomly, as was another next-door home (happened to be a relative of theirs) and a bakery. They weren't impressed w/the police response (police said "it was probably a prank/kids after graduation, etc.") - The shots went into their bedroom!!! There is a young child living there, cousins absolutely don't have any connection to anyone who would do such a thing. Just needing to vent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 06:28 AM

447 posts, read 1,021,371 times
I really feel like this kinda stuff is now happening all over the state now...Frederick, Hagerstown, Salisbury, Annapolis. Not just a PG County/Baltimore thing anymore. I don't understand why this is the new norm.

Old 06-16-2013, 09:25 AM

671 posts, read 1,253,704 times
New MD PR Advert: "Come live in Annapolis! We'll shoot up your house for ya!"

Old 06-16-2013, 01:41 PM

32,158 posts, read 39,250,114 times
Annapolis is not the garden spot some try to make it out to be.

While unusual the situation in the OP isn't rare.

Last month (or maybe late April) three residents of Calvert County died in Annapolis over the course of two days, one was shot while the other two died of drug overdoses in their car.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:15 PM

10,725 posts, read 19,082,110 times
Well, drug overdoses are a different story - this is a perfectly ordinary, upstanding family.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:28 PM

32,158 posts, read 39,250,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Well, drug overdoses are a different story - this is a perfectly ordinary, upstanding family.

And the bad stuff has bled over to their area.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:49 PM

671 posts, read 1,253,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Annapolis is not the garden spot some try to make it out to be.

While unusual the situation in the OP isn't rare.

Last month (or maybe late April) three residents of Calvert County died in Annapolis over the course of two days, one was shot while the other two died of drug overdoses in their car.

I was always under the impression that Baltimore held onto the national title for drug abuse. Is Annapolis in competition now?

Old 06-18-2013, 08:06 PM

411 posts, read 746,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by molukai View Post
I was always under the impression that Baltimore held onto the national title for drug abuse. Is Annapolis in competition now?
Annapolis has been bad for a long time. Yes, there are a couple of tourist spots and it is the capital city of Md. Yes there are some very rich people that live in some swanky parts in and around that city. Lots of people with yachts and such. The academy adds a feeling of class as well.

All of that said, Annapolis is pretty dangerous and it's been that way since the 80's and probably well before that. Lots of housing projects and section 8ers in that town. Annapolis High School, which was still a decent school in the 80's, is plummeting in reputation and rankings. Some of the rich kids used to attend Annapolis high school but now they all go to AACS or St. Mary's Catholic school. Annapolis high is a rough school now. Anyway, you have to be careful in that town. Sure it might not be as bad as parts of Baltimore or DC but it's not far off. Annapolis has many many thugs. Has as long as I can remember. I went to Junior high and high school in the immediate area and my mom still lives there.. So do some of my friends. Common knowledge that Annapolis is not somewhere to let your guard down.

Just a few places that are bad...

1. stretches along forest drive. Bywater, Newtown 20.
2. Truxton park area
3. Some parts of eastport
4. Clay st. off West St.
5. Annapolis east
6. Used to be called Boston Heights but its called something else now. Bad.
7. robin wood

Now this is just naming the "popular" ghettos. There are others and I may have forgotten a few bad ones as well.

Last edited by fortwashingtonkid; 06-18-2013 at 08:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland