U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-29-2013, 03:45 PM
 
2 posts, read 2,531 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Hey All!

I'm switching jobs and now will be working down in DC! I need to arrive at the Glenmont Station (Red Line, off Fairland Road) in the mornings at around 8:30. I will be commuting from Columbia, MD.

How bad does traffic get on Rt 29 South at that time of morning?

Assuming I'll be driving back home from Glenmont around 6:00pm, how much traffic should I expect?

Thanks alot,
Jeremiah


P.S.: MARC Train and Commuter Buses are not an option for me as my hours will sometimes be irregular. I'm also avoiding the Greenbelt Station, because I'm a scaredy-cat and hate driving on I-95 in traffic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-29-2013, 03:53 PM
 
Location: Sneads Ferry, NC
11,090 posts, read 18,624,496 times
Reputation: 4991
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjncintern View Post
I'm switching jobs and now will be working down in DC! I need to arrive at the Glenmont Station (Red Line, off Fairland Road) in the mornings at around 8:30. I will be commuting from Columbia, MD.
I can't comment on the traffic, however, you should look into reserved parking spots or parking in Wheaton.

The one time I used the Glenmont garage, it was totally full about 8:30. There is a lot more parking in Wheaton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2013, 04:14 PM
 
2 posts, read 2,531 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
I can't comment on the traffic, however, you should look into reserved parking spots or parking in Wheaton.

The one time I used the Glenmont garage, it was totally full about 8:30. There is a lot more parking in Wheaton.
Thanks for your response, goldenage1! Do you know if your visit to Glenmont was before or after the new garage was built (mid-2012, I think)? I was under the impression that the new garage made things a lot easier, but I've never actually been there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2013, 04:29 PM
 
Location: Sneads Ferry, NC
11,090 posts, read 18,624,496 times
Reputation: 4991
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjncintern View Post
Thanks for your response, goldenage1! Do you know if your visit to Glenmont was before or after the new garage was built (mid-2012, I think)? I was under the impression that the new garage made things a lot easier, but I've never actually been there.
No, it was several years ago. I have not been in the area when the new garage opened. So, it may be much better.

Your hours put you at the peak times, when traffic will be worst. I hope the job would allow you to some flexibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top