U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 06:10 PM

544 posts, read 854,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
After about 10 rounds of this we'll get down to the real objection being about what the
money is spent on... rather than the amount or the method of collecting it. Right?
Say hi to Grover at the next meeting for me.
Way to make stupid assumptions. Norquist is an idiot and his pledge is retarded. And so are you, for making assumptions based on one post.

However, Maryland takes it to the extreme opposite and I'm sick of it. Rainwater/runoff tax? Can we see some accountability as to how it's used? We've been dumping money into the Bay for decades and it never helps. If I saw actual improvements for my money, I wouldn't complain, but all we see is this money going down the proverbial toilet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 12:34 AM

6,546 posts, read 11,621,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Does anyone know what their charge might actually be?

I pay $55 a year.
Hardly worth fighting over.
You must be very wealthy. You should think about what $55 can buy actually. And its not just YOU. Businesses have to pay the Rain Tax as well and it will be passed down to the consumer, just like the gas tax will also be passed down to the consumer, same with the tolls. Now as a liberal you probably do not go to church, but for those of us that do, even religious institutions are not exempt. WHile you pay not care about churches paying this, maybe in your liberalism you would feel for the mosques and temples that pay it?

Old 07-03-2013, 12:36 AM

6,546 posts, read 11,621,205 times
Hopefully once Obama leaves office and no longer commands the EPA this will be lifted, along with the business killing regulations that forced Carnival to leave Baltimore. And make no mistake Obama has direct command of the EPA hence his war on coal and forcing the EPA to shut down coal power plants.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:04 AM

581 posts, read 952,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reiflame View Post
We've been dumping money into the Bay for decades and it never helps. If I saw actual improvements for my money, I wouldn't complain, but all we see is this money going down the proverbial toilet.
But the Bay is improving!

Old 07-08-2013, 05:10 AM

9,419 posts, read 5,209,705 times
So I just got my tax bill and yes it has a $60 rain tax. But I also know that if I fight this and delay payment the tax increases. Again with a gravel drive I know I have a case but is it worth it? And how would I go about the challenge?

Old 07-08-2013, 05:14 AM

183,885 posts, read 74,980,809 times
Rain tax today, wind tax tomorrow? when does it stop. I bet a lot of states have such on the drawing boards to make up lost revenues do the the sour economy.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:02 AM

544 posts, read 854,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Rain tax today, wind tax tomorrow? when does it stop. I bet a lot of states have such on the drawing boards to make up lost revenues do the the sour economy.
Technically I think they passed a wind tax this year in the form of subsidies to the electric companies to build off-shore wind farms. Does that count?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland