Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 07:13 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,411,688 times

Advertisements

Wow I forgot all about this thread, then I come back to see that I have been attacked on a regular basis. Now it's my turn to respond:

1. I never claimed that delivering a paper as a kid meant that I knew everything that goes on regarding a newspaper's distribution system. I was visiting the charge that I didn't know what it was like to work a 7 day work week. The part I quoted was kind of a clue there.

2. In my situation it is not the distributor who was delivering my paper. I have looked into this extensively as I tried to resolve the situation. Again the Post has contracted with the guy who delivers the Sun. He is a carrier not a distributor. I totally get how delivering one paper per square mile is not cost efficient. But again he is simply delivering my paper along his normal Sun route. I was pretty clear about that, please try and keep up.

3. I know the poster was probably just joking around but I really don't appreciate the shot at my occupation. If you think all print sales reps do is spend the day on the golf course I suggest you spend a week in my shoes. I'll hand you a list of large print buyers and we'll see how well you do at getting an appointment with the print buyer who is contacted daily by print reps. Next you can come on my visit and take the lead as we try to apologize to the Communications Director for the program that did not deliver in time for the meeting. .

4. annoyed carrier: It was difficult to read your post seeing as you struggle with the English language. This is a message board, not Twitter. The word "you" just isn't that difficult. Write like an adult and maybe mix in a period at the end of a sentence and perhaps you will be taken more seriously.

Now about your post:

a. Regarding your second sentence why yes I do expect my paper to be "hand delivered". That is kind of what is meant by "home delivery" which is a service virtually every paper has provide for generations.

b. Regarding your charge that I don't know what you go through as I clearly explained in an earlier post I delivered the Post for years when I was young. So yeah I kind of do know what it's like to get up at the crack of dawn 7 days a week and be expected to make the deliveries without making a mistake. Again if you are going to take shots at me please try to keep up. And this just in, I did not deliver my papers from a warm car. It was by foot or Schwinn and I froze my ass off.. So you need to stop with this crap that I don't know what 'u" go through to get me my "damned paper". I've done your job, and I know how hard it is. I'm not trying to knock all carriers. I'm simply trying to receive the paper I have paid to be delivered at a time that is reasonable. And I haven't even gone in to the number of times we missed the paper altogether. This happened a lot.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 02-01-2014 at 07:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 02:55 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,411,688 times
Wow that last guy sure gets cranky when he's full of coffee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland