Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2013, 11:47 AM

1 posts, read 2,297 times

Advertisements

I've been going through the blogs and it's about 50/50 on the recommendations regarding Snow Hill.

Let's start off by saying I'm a 25 year old single female with no children. I've always wanted to live in a small town (Gilmore Girls, Hart of Dixie - kind of towns) and who knows, maybe once I see an actual small town I'll be gravely disappointed.

I don't need to be "out on the town" clubbing every weekend or spend my weekends in a mall. I actually haven't been to my mall since last December for Christmas shopping. I do love Wal-Mart so that would need to be within a 30 minute drive.

I fell in love with Snow Hill since going onto their website. I am going to visit for the first time this weekend & to check out a house. Job-wise, I figure there are enough bigger towns around Snow Hill to find something. I am getting my degree in office administration soon, so I'd be going for a receptionist job.

I guess my question is - am I going to be disappointed with Snow Hill? I also was going over the list of businesses in Snow Hill on their website and it seems their restaurants close at 10-11pm. Now like I said, I don't need to be out at bars every weekend, but is there ANY bar there that closes later?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 12:03 PM

8,628 posts, read 9,134,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrysky58 View Post
I've been going through the blogs and it's about 50/50 on the recommendations regarding Snow Hill.

Let's start off by saying I'm a 25 year old single female with no children. I've always wanted to live in a small town (Gilmore Girls, Hart of Dixie - kind of towns) and who knows, maybe once I see an actual small town I'll be gravely disappointed.

I don't need to be "out on the town" clubbing every weekend or spend my weekends in a mall. I actually haven't been to my mall since last December for Christmas shopping. I do love Wal-Mart so that would need to be within a 30 minute drive.

I fell in love with Snow Hill since going onto their website. I am going to visit for the first time this weekend & to check out a house. Job-wise, I figure there are enough bigger towns around Snow Hill to find something. I am getting my degree in office administration soon, so I'd be going for a receptionist job.

I guess my question is - am I going to be disappointed with Snow Hill? I also was going over the list of businesses in Snow Hill on their website and it seems their restaurants close at 10-11pm. Now like I said, I don't need to be out at bars every weekend, but is there ANY bar there that closes later?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I don't live in Snow Hill, I live in the DC area and have been to Snow Hill many times throughout the years. I have several friends who live there (DC transplants) and own businesses, one being one of the restaurants. My wife and I stayed at a B&B a couple of months ago along the Pocomoke river, very nice. It is a small town. Its restaurants do stay open later on weekends. Snow Hill has some action going on in towns that are larger, and darn close---Pocomoke is about 15 miles south, Berlin is about 10 miles north, if that, and the largest is Salisbury about 15-20 miles west of Snow Hill. During the Summer months Ocean City Md is the largest. Its a large resort city along the Atlantic about 30 miles north-east. Snow Hill is a quiet 19th century town full of victorians. It is also a place my wife and I are considering moving to also. It is quiet yet not far from plenty of action. Good medical all around, community colleges and Salisbury University.

Old 10-26-2013, 05:46 AM

16,277 posts, read 10,408,335 times
What a nice little town. And 10 minutes from another really nice little town in Berlin. The key is it's small and quiet but you don't need to drive an hour to find things you need at a Home Depot, Walmart or whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland