U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 12:25 PM

2,717 posts, read 1,589,769 times

Advertisements

This thread is full of fail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2017, 01:59 PM

10,393 posts, read 5,880,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
This thread is full of fail.

Isn't it though? I can't believe it's still going on. So much bad info in this thread.

If the politics bother you then you know going in it's a liberal state so why would you move here if it's that important? Why hold that against the state? We will move to Tennessee and I know damned well how conservative that place will be I will NEVER hold that against the state of Tennessee.

Old 05-30-2017, 05:59 AM

148 posts, read 64,393 times
Here are my two cents as someone who is not a native nor a current resident (in fact I'm a New Englander) but attended UMD for 4 years...

I didn't like Maryland at first simply because nobody who moves outside of their home region likes their new region at first. Not to mention my first impressions were based off PG County. Now that I have returned to my native New England (out of necessity), I get "homesick" for Maryland all the time and travel there as frequently as possible. There is literally something for everyone, whether you like the city, the suburbs, or are the rural type, it's all there. If you're a history lover like myself, there is quite frankly no better place to live...it's right near DC with all its history and free museums, there's Civil War sites galore, etc.

I have a good friend who is moving to Annapolis and I couldn't be more jealous, that little city is beautiful. In New England we don't ever seem to have a spring anymore; you can't beat spring in Maryland. That being said it does get brutally hot there in the summer, but the mountains aren't far, same with the beaches. Up here in "Yankeeville" as my friend likes to call it, we have the Cape, which is overrated, though New Hampshire is a wonderful summer getaway.

The best thing about Maryland is that it has a lot of southern charm while most of its residents can still be bothered to pick up a book that is not the Bible now and again. Not to mention the diversified economy.

Oh, and of course the Terps are one of the best lax teams in the nation and are the 2017 National Champs!

Old 05-30-2017, 08:12 AM

421 posts, read 198,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Clay Banger View Post
Aside from the foothills Mt. Airy and westward, and the quaintness of Annapolis, Maryland absolutely sucks in many ways. You don't fully realize it until you visit other states and see what you're missing. From politics to land use, just a really pathetic and boring state in many ways.

This is dumb thread ,why would you bump it back to life after a year?

Old 06-01-2017, 02:05 PM

777 posts, read 279,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Sunday View Post
This is dumb thread ,why would you bump it back to life after a year?
First of all, I didn't bump it. It was on the main page, so I chimed in.

Second of all, you don't get to determine what I choose to post or where I post it. Got it? Good.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:40 AM

2,983 posts, read 1,582,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Clay Banger View Post
Aside from the foothills Mt. Airy and westward, and the quaintness of Annapolis, Maryland absolutely sucks in many ways. You don't fully realize it until you visit other states and see what you're missing. From politics to land use, just a really pathetic and boring state in many ways.

I lived in the PNW for 36 years and have visited all the west coast states, all the east coast states, and a bunch of the ones through the middle. And I disagree with your assessment.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:30 AM

777 posts, read 279,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer E38 View Post
I lived in the PNW for 36 years and have visited all the west coast states, all the east coast states, and a bunch of the ones through the middle. And I disagree with your assessment.
I've lived in 6 states, visited 35 states, and my experience is that Maryland ranks near the bottom. Very bland, especially in the Baltimore/DC region. Get away to the coast or the mountains and it gets a little better. The fact that Columbia, MD consistently ranks as one of the top communities to live in the entire US makes me want to friggin GAG.

Old 01-09-2019, 12:20 PM

1,711 posts, read 543,386 times
I lived about half my life in Virginia and the other half in Maryland. Virginia wins hands down in just about every category.

Old 01-10-2019, 03:22 AM

15,317 posts, read 5,158,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
According to a new gallup poll, MD residents don't have much state pride
LOL, I see the RUFUS bumped the thread after a year and a half again!!!

Old 01-14-2019, 06:00 AM

115 posts, read 136,596 times
You can set up a thread like this on ANY state forum on City Data & get the same results. UGH!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or