U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 03:41 PM

1,736 posts, read 1,417,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Every single right winger never shuts their yap about how horrible it is to live in Maryland while sucking at liberal Montgomery County's teat for their largesse, never understood that. Cost of living is high but if Maryland were such a terrible place to live, it wouldnt be growing so much. The survey you posted had Maryland at about average for dissatisfaction too so I think youre trying to promote an agenda.
Or you could tell me why this is happening. I guess we should blame right-wing conservatives for this yes? Oh wait that's right, there aren't any in office or in Montgomery County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2014, 03:54 PM

5,292 posts, read 5,274,340 times
Interesting...

Old 04-28-2014, 10:06 AM

4,120 posts, read 3,695,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfoa View Post
You can argue all day long, most states have bigger and better of all those things (btw, the farmer's markets absolutely suck/are a complete joke--other than Baltimore's which is passable). Everything you named is done better anywhere other than MD: hiking, universities, theater, public transportation, um-24 hour diners are not unique to MD, history, and "mountain" are you talking about? Again, bigger and better in other states.

You have your opinion, I have mine. But odds are I've lived in more and visited more places than you. Hence a different perspective.
How many of those states are better than Maryland in all of the categories? Very Few if that.

Old 04-29-2014, 05:25 AM

25 posts, read 71,639 times
There's not to many that's much better as far as some things go, but MD is getting a bit crowded , plus the high taxes, and one party Lib commie types running the state, to much building .... well, then thats bad. I will be gone ASAP and I grew up here down near Gibson Island.

Old 04-30-2014, 03:25 PM

2,868 posts, read 2,843,280 times
I live just outside Maryland by about 10 miles. I visit Maryland on occasion to shop. I work with Marylanders and ex-Marylanders. Some express real relief upon leaving Maryland. Some don't. Some cite the high taxes, restrictive concealed carry laws, "rain water" tax and taxes in general for their reason for leaving/disliking Maryland. I have been to Western Maryland Cumberland) and it is, like night and day, from places like Baltimore, Frederick, Ocean City (where I have been as well). Been to Hagerstown quite often. Visiting Maryland and living in Maryland seem to be two very different things. I don't mind doing the tourist thing myself on occasion but would NOT personally want to live in Maryland. It does have a reputation as the "Massachusetts of the Mid-Atlantic". To each their own.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:24 PM

35 posts, read 28,992 times
As a former Marylander who moved to NC 8 years ago, I must say that I sorely miss almost everything about the mid-atlantic. North Carolina is a snooze-fest compared to the nightlife you can find in MD. I miss the aloofness of Marylanders because down here everyone is TOO friendly. Not a big fan of the southern hospitality. The only thing I don't miss is the horrible traffic and how expensive it was. So while I do miss the place, I don't think I'd want to live there in the future.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:39 PM

74 posts, read 196,123 times
I think Maryland is a very nice state to live in.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:09 AM

3,057 posts, read 5,235,803 times
Maryland is one of the most beautiful states I've been to. Driving across from west to east, through the mountains, all the way to Baltimore in the springtime was glorious.

Old 05-01-2014, 11:52 AM

25 posts, read 71,639 times
The state is great. Its just the Democratic party thats the problem, but change is coming in 2014

Old 05-01-2014, 01:42 PM

32,107 posts, read 39,170,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livegonzo View Post
The state is great. Its just the Democratic party thats the problem, but change is coming in 2014
You are correct, Martin O' Malley as Governor will be changed to Anthony Brown (most likely) or Doug Gansler as Governor (less likely).

What is it that will change except the face and name?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or