Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 08:43 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,965,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Clay Banger View Post
I've lived in 6 states, visited 35 states, and my experience is that Maryland ranks near the bottom. Very bland, especially in the Baltimore/DC region. Get away to the coast or the mountains and it gets a little better. The fact that Columbia, MD consistently ranks as one of the top communities to live in the entire US makes me want to friggin GAG.
Columbia's high rank is based on marginal research from outside the region to a great extent. It's okay, but nothing that great.

I was reading an article on the net a few years ago, and the article stated the Baltimore had the least interesting people of nearly any city. What did the writer base their assessment on? Visiting the Inner Harbor, and talking to people around the Inner Harbor. Excuse me but that is the epitome of laziness.
You would have to get out away from the Inner Harbor, and check other areas of the city, or the suburbs.

Anybody that knows anything knows that the Harbor is more of a tourist spot and not representative of the people of the city.

Why did this lazy buffoon of a writer not check out the Peabody for instance, or go to Mount Vernon, or the northern part of the city.

Baltimore never really had a great Downtown. That is a more recent creation. Last 50 years, and really it's only become more desirable recently. (My Great Grandfather wouldn't go near the place, funny)

I am at a point where I question everything, and everything I read (Sometimes some things are so well written that is not necessary, but only a handful of sources are that reliable)

You sir need to get out more!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2019, 07:32 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
............so true.

Old 01-18-2019, 10:37 AM

833 posts, read 520,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger 68 View Post
Columbia's high rank is based on marginal research from outside the region to a great extent. It's okay, but nothing that great.

I was reading an article on the net a few years ago, and the article stated the Baltimore had the least interesting people of nearly any city. What did the writer base their assessment on? Visiting the Inner Harbor, and talking to people around the Inner Harbor. Excuse me but that is the epitome of laziness.
You would have to get out away from the Inner Harbor, and check other areas of the city, or the suburbs.

Anybody that knows anything knows that the Harbor is more of a tourist spot and not representative of the people of the city.

Why did this lazy buffoon of a writer not check out the Peabody for instance, or go to Mount Vernon, or the northern part of the city.

Baltimore never really had a great Downtown. That is a more recent creation. Last 50 years, and really it's only become more desirable recently. (My Great Grandfather wouldn't go near the place, funny)

I am at a point where I question everything, and everything I read (Sometimes some things are so well written that is not necessary, but only a handful of sources are that reliable)

You sir need to get out more!
You agreed with me, in certain terms, and then tell me I need to get out more? That's funny.

Old 01-18-2019, 06:29 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
I think if you try hard enough you can bump up an even older thread on something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland