Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2007, 09:40 AM

3 posts, read 7,598 times

Advertisements

I need some assistance with moving to the APG area, We are currently in Texas. It is very confusing with all the different forums out there in internet land, SO... I want the latest gossip!! I have a daughter who is in the 4th grade so I need an excellent elementary school that is close to the edgewood side of APG. We are currently looking at the Abingdon area for houses..Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2007, 09:55 AM

131 posts, read 693,558 times
Elementary school probably shouldn't be your biggest concern. Your daughter will be in middle school in a couple of years, and that's where things can really start getting dicey. If you believe that student test scores reflect the quality of a school, you'll want to stay out of the Edgewood Middle school district.

You can review school performance here: http://www.hcps.org/Schools/Default.aspx

Old 04-30-2009, 07:26 AM

6 posts, read 15,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melonyg21 View Post
I need some assistance with moving to the APG area, We are currently in Texas. It is very confusing with all the different forums out there in internet land, SO... I want the latest gossip!! I have a daughter who is in the 4th grade so I need an excellent elementary school that is close to the edgewood side of APG. We are currently looking at the Abingdon area for houses..Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
Hello Mel... We are pcsing in a week. Abingdon is great... We are looking near Edgewood, but definately not Joppa, Joppatown or even Edgewood. Bel air is nice area also. How soon are you coming? We have a June 10th report date. We will be in the area most of May. Add me as a friend if you like and I will send you more information when I tour the towns. Thanks Isabella

Old 05-01-2009, 12:37 PM

87 posts, read 333,649 times
Doesn't Abingdon belong to the Edgewood Middle and Highschools?
What is your buget for a house and what is your tolarance for a commute? I would go just a little north or west although I do like Abingdon itself. I think it's a nice area to live.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:29 AM

5 posts, read 10,220 times
Default Bel Air is Probably Better

Hello to another Texan! (I'm from San Antonio, originally.) I'd highly recommend you look at Bel Air proper. The schools here are better from what I understand than those closer to 95 (particularly the Edgewood area). Bel Air has a lot of the urban conveniences of a big town, but also the charm (main street, etc) of small town America. There are a lot of affordable townhomes and more expensive single family homes in the area. You'll probably be surprised by the number of townhomes coming from Texas. I know it was a big change for me coming from a place where the houses had big front and back yards to a place with more limited land. I'd recommend finding a quiet street (a lot of townhome communities will have cul-de-sac type streets) that provide a quiet place that is safe for kids to play. If you have any questions, feel free to message me.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:13 AM

Thanks to all your replys, We have been in the APG area now for 1 1/2 years. We are renting a house in Belcamp, great community. Unfortunately we are ready to PCS to Washington State in mid June. Again, Thanks to all the replys, we hope to be back in the area in a couple of years.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:06 PM

87 posts, read 333,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melonyg21 View Post
Thanks to all your replys, We have been in the APG area now for 1 1/2 years. We are renting a house in Belcamp, great community. Unfortunately we are ready to PCS to Washington State in mid June. Again, Thanks to all the replys, we hope to be back in the area in a couple of years.
Hope to see you back soon!

Old 05-30-2009, 06:43 AM

Thanks me too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland