U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-09-2014, 08:08 PM
 
795 posts, read 991,419 times
Reputation: 550

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eav1221 View Post
Sorry I subjected millionaires to non-5000 Egyptian cotton towels...that's sarcasm--I am NOT sorry--opposite--See how that's sarcastic? C'mon. This whole post/thread and the way I've spoken throughout is me being funny and expressing frustration at some things while spewing some SARCASTIC comments. Look it up. People think that teachers must walk with a halo over our heads 100% of the time, even in our personal lives. Guess what. I've said the F word, and so have most of the other teachers I teach with. Guess what. Teachers have opinions and are human beings. Do I talk this way in the classroom? Sometimes I am sarcastic but only if the kids have the capacity to get it. Sorry that you don't. Eat it--it's funny to tell people to eat it. Do I tell my students that? Eat what, exactly? It's not a literal thing. Eat it, Severna Park, is me being angry that there is no public water access. I did not literally mean for Severna Park residents to EAT IT. It's just a saying for anyone who remains confused as to why I used the term. My humor goes over some people's heads.

This thread is nice and long. thanks to everyone who's commented. It was fun.
You saying "eat it" and talking about your bloomers all the time... I think we have an idea of what the teacher wants someone to eat. And that misinterpretation is the issue... teacher. Same if I walk up to you during recess and say "suck it". Suck what exactly? Really?

On a joking note, your post was definitely not sarcasm... hell, you are still pissed about your bad choices that have you in a situation you can control... but do nothing but complain. You alluding that "bus man" is a child is ironic... even if his forum name says you are right.

Eav1221, I'll leave you with this very serious quote:

“Impressive. Most impressive. Someone has taught you well. You have controlled your fear. Now, release your anger. Only your hatred can destroy Severna Park.”

 
Old 06-10-2014, 06:39 AM
 
274 posts, read 539,773 times
Reputation: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Thanks for the clarification. As I see it, you could have expressed your views and opinions in either of these two ways:

1. "I am angry because Severna Park does not allow public water access."
2. "Eat it, Severna Park. Eat it."

One of them would have marked you as a person who is at least moderately capable of conducting an adult conversation on a mature level, regardless of whether or not others may agree with your view. The other is juvenile and insulting. (And yes, I am certainly aware that you were not literally instructing Severna Park's residents to eat something.)

Glad I could provide you with some enjoyment. Would that the reciprocal have been true.

My God ....was there a diamond this morning in your fist when you woke up?
 
Old 06-10-2014, 06:54 AM
 
274 posts, read 539,773 times
Reputation: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_of_DC View Post
You saying "eat it" and talking about your bloomers all the time... I think we have an idea of what the teacher wants someone to eat. And that misinterpretation is the issue... teacher. Same if I walk up to you during recess and say "suck it". Suck what exactly? Really?

On a joking note, your post was definitely not sarcasm... hell, you are still pissed about your bad choices that have you in a situation you can control... but do nothing but complain. You alluding that "bus man" is a child is ironic... even if his forum name says you are right.



Eav1221, I'll leave you with this very serious quote:

“Impressive. Most impressive. Someone has taught you well. You have controlled your fear. Now, release your anger. Only your hatred can destroy Severna Park.”
I have no idea where you're getting this from. Seriously. This post was made to mostly be funny while complaining about no water access--this forum allows people to do that. Ever read some other people's rants? Get a life. These kinds of attacks make me never want to partake in an online forum again if people like you take my words and twist, turn, and spew them in a direction I never meant them to be taken. UGH. Do you feel better now that you've attacked me and my decisions of which you know nothing about? UGH.
 
Old 06-10-2014, 07:20 PM
 
795 posts, read 991,419 times
Reputation: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by eav1221 View Post
I have no idea where you're getting this from. Seriously. This post was made to mostly be funny while complaining about no water access--this forum allows people to do that. Ever read some other people's rants? Get a life. These kinds of attacks make me never want to partake in an online forum again if people like you take my words and twist, turn, and spew them in a direction I never meant them to be taken. UGH. Do you feel better now that you've attacked me and my decisions of which you know nothing about? UGH.
I do feel better. Thanks for asking. Even more after you attacked an entire community... people you know nothing about. Put yourself in their shoes for a minute.

Just think, they come in from tennis, pull up to their 10k computer on their 50k desk... go to city-data and have to read this. Makes them call their private doctor... the doc immediately prescribes them Percocet's to ease the pain you brought them. They end up passed out on a private beach and wake to a huge black lab licking their face. The horrors.

The serious quote? The real quote is here:

Impressive. Most impressive. Obi-Wan has taught you well. You have controlled your fear. Now, release your anger. Only your hatred can destroy me.

Darth Vader, The Empire Strikes Back



Life is all good... have a sense of humor sometimes.
 
Old 06-11-2014, 08:08 AM
 
33,324 posts, read 14,548,317 times
Reputation: 7584
Quote:
Originally Posted by eav1221 View Post
Some of you "got" my sarcasm in my original post, but others thought of me as a "me generation--I deserve everything now brat" which I am not, but okay, I get it. My IKEA towels are a bit tattered compared to 5000 thread count Egyptian Cotton ones. I apologize for exposing all you millionaires to sub-quality cotton.
(more sarcasm--intended for comic purposes only)

I just perused the forum on MD and came across tons of posts about people saying they hated MD and wanted out. My OP was about the disparity here and the fact that I feel like parts of my town are the Forbidden City. I'm a mere commoner who can't enjoy the sunset on the water--that I live ONE BLOCK FROM--because I am not a millionaire and can't step foot on the beach because it's members only. I also griped about being asked to take a few towels down because my granola-eating self actually cares about the earth. I try my best to lessen my carbon footprint whenever I can, and if it's hot, sunny, and breezy outside, I view it as my DUTY to not use electricity to do something the sun does for free. Should I have put the towels elsewhere so as to not be so close to the road? Sure. Whatever.

Some of you get it, others simply toss my opinions aside and label me as a white trash brat. And I feel bad for anyone who says that because of a few opinions I have that you wouldn't want me teaching your kids. Guess who has guidance full of requests to have MS. X next year because she's a great teacher? ME. Teachers are people, with opinions, and some of us have no problem illuminating some inequality in MD. I know millionaires buy properties by the water so they don't have the public walk all over their tidy yards, but I also know that as a member of the same community, I should be able to see the water since I"m a block from it. Why are there so many posts on the forum about wanting to leave MD? My OP is just another reason why people may not feel welcomed here. I work hard, have 2 degrees, am a good person, pay my bills, am a good teacher, go to church, give to charity, and all I want to do is watch the sun set. I like MD overall, but there are seemingly more cons than pros and the attitudes expressed towards my meager proletariat posts make me feel even less welcomed here. I am from PA. Where I's comes from, we aint got no fancy schmancy mansions...and us folks can watch the sunset from wherever we's want. And my momma always hung some clothes out on the line to dry. Thems smells good after a while.

Again, more sarcasm. Eat it.
Different post, same message, "They have it and don't deserve it. They should share with me because I am a good PERSON AND A GOOD teacher.

"Originally Posted by eav1221 This post was made to mostly be funny while complaining about no water access-" Even with 2 degrees you failed in your intent.

"have 2 degrees," Whoop-di-doo! Apparently those degrees didn't "teach" you that if you want something you have to earn it.

IF YOU WANT IT, EARN IT. They did.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 06-11-2014 at 08:33 AM..
 
Old 06-11-2014, 08:17 AM
 
33,324 posts, read 14,548,317 times
Reputation: 7584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Actually, AA Co does own waterfront. A LOT of it. I am told that Mayo Beach will be open to the public this year. And the neighbors are not happy about it either.
"AA Co does own waterfront." I am very aware of this fact.

The point is the OP doesn't want to be "inconvenienced in any way. She wants to walk across the street on her NEIGHBORS property to "see the sunset".

They are the "evil rich" for not sharing what they have earned, with her.

She "feels" it is her "right".

Like I said, it is no wonder some of our youth are so enthralled in the "me" generation. Teachers like this one "teach" it to them.
 
Old 06-11-2014, 08:26 AM
 
33,324 posts, read 14,548,317 times
Reputation: 7584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
That only serves to make the point of the OP. I happen to agree with GoPhils in that water access is extremely limited and for no good reason other than it's a case of the haves and the have nots. Like I said, AA Co owns a lot of waterfront but if you don't have a truck load of money, you're not getting access to it.

Now if you want to really pizz off a waterfront owner do this. Get a boat, any boat will do, and load it up with picnic supplies, maybe even a portable grill. Find the most exclusive beachfront that you can. Now beach your boat at said beachfront. Set up all of your stuff and watch what happens. More than likely some irate 1 percenter will come down and tell you that it's a private beach. He/she will rant and rave about calling the cops and having you arrested. Tell them to go right ahead. It will do them no good though. When you set your picnic up you made sure to stay below the mean high tide line on the beach. Property owners only own down to the mean high tide line on the beach. Anything closer to the water is public access.
"for no good reason other than it's a case of the haves and the have nots.' Such jealousy for those that WORKED" hard enough to be able to BUY what they want.

"Now if you want to really pizz off a waterfront owner do this. Get a boat,....". Very juvenile. It is no wonder you can't earn enough to afford waterfront.

How about I park my RV in your front yard and have a party?

By the way there are PLENTY of affordable water privilege communities in AA County that MANY teachers live in.
 
Old 06-11-2014, 08:29 AM
 
33,324 posts, read 14,548,317 times
Reputation: 7584
Quote:
Originally Posted by eav1221 View Post
Please "bus man". You have too much time on your hands. Last time I checked this public forum is not a middle school classroom but a venue to voice opinions and questions and to start discussions...all of which I did. In case you're confused:
sar·casm
noun ˈsär-ˌka-zəm

: the use of words that mean the opposite of what you really want to say especially in order to insult someone, to show irritation, or to be funny
Sarcasm - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Most of my goofy comments were meant to be funny.

Sorry I subjected millionaires to non-5000 Egyptian cotton towels...that's sarcasm--I am NOT sorry--opposite--See how that's sarcastic? C'mon. This whole post/thread and the way I've spoken throughout is me being funny and expressing frustration at some things while spewing some SARCASTIC comments. Look it up. People think that teachers must walk with a halo over our heads 100% of the time, even in our personal lives. Guess what. I've said the F word, and so have most of the other teachers I teach with. Guess what. Teachers have opinions and are human beings. Do I talk this way in the classroom? Sometimes I am sarcastic but only if the kids have the capacity to get it. Sorry that you don't. Eat it--it's funny to tell people to eat it. Do I tell my students that? Eat what, exactly? It's not a literal thing. Eat it, Severna Park, is me being angry that there is no public water access. I did not literally mean for Severna Park residents to EAT IT. It's just a saying for anyone who remains confused as to why I used the term. My humor goes over some people's heads.

This thread is nice and long. thanks to everyone who's commented. It was fun.
"It was fun" Simple minds are easily amused!
 
Old 06-11-2014, 08:30 AM
 
Location: East Coast
865 posts, read 2,245,909 times
Reputation: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"AA Co does own waterfront." I am very aware of this fact.

The point is the OP doesn't want to be "inconvenienced in any way. She wants to walk across the street on her NEIGHBORS property to "see the sunset".

They are the "evil rich" for not sharing what they have earned, with her.

She "feels" it is her "right".

Like I said, it is no wonder some of our youth are so enthralled in the "me" generation. Teachers like this one "teach" it to them.
I think you're putting words into the OP's mouth. I don't think she's demanding that she use her neighbor's property to see the sunset. And I don't think she thinks she's entitled to anything. She was just saying it would be nice if there were more public water access, given how much water there is around there. But alas, there is not where she lives. Sure, people can drive 15-20 minutes to a state park, but with countless miles of shoreline in Anne Arundel County, it seems odd that people should have to do that. But that's the way it is.
 
Old 06-11-2014, 08:31 AM
 
5,681 posts, read 7,263,702 times
Reputation: 3188
OP, when you say "community beach" are you saying there is a community beach within your neighborhood?

If not, and obviously it's too late if every square inch of waterfront in OP's neighborhood is already owned (unless one of them is willing to sell it), but wouldn't having some sort of water access at least for those in the neighborhood actually help the property values of the entire neighborhood, including those already on the water?

It would certainly help the property values of the homes in the neighborhood that aren't on the water, which I think in turn would help the property values of those that are on the water. Because judging by some of the responses here, I'd imagine some looking to buy the waterfront homes might not want to be across the street from a mere peasant living in a $350K (or whatever) house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top