U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 08:33 AM

5,668 posts, read 7,260,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"for no good reason other than it's a case of the haves and the have nots.' Such jealousy for those that WORKED" hard enough to be able to BUY what they want.

"Now if you want to really pizz off a waterfront owner do this. Get a boat,....". Very juvenile. It is no wonder you can't earn enough to afford waterfront.

How about I park my RV in your front yard and have a party?

By the way there are PLENTY of affordable water privilege communities in AA County that MANY teachers live in.
Except what you're suggesting is illegal, and what Richard suggested isn't. Maybe you could do it on the street...

Old 06-11-2014, 08:42 AM

4,558 posts, read 7,619,598 times
Just be careful what you wish for. Having all that water front as private land increases property values and thus property taxes collected. Every acre of it you turn into state-owned property generates no tax revenue for the county.

I live in a county where about 25% of the land is owned by the state, including most of the eastern part of the county that is closest to strong job markets. It is great for recreation.........but kills our tax rolls.

Maybe AA county is too extreme in the other direction, but having a plethora of million dollar homes contributing to the county coffers isn't something I would personally complain about.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:09 PM

795 posts, read 991,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobo16 View Post
I think you're putting words into the OP's mouth. I don't think she's demanding that she use her neighbor's property to see the sunset. And I don't think she thinks she's entitled to anything.
Did you even read the OPs posts????

Quote:
Originally Posted by eav1221 View Post
...because I am a resident, my brain tells me I should have the God-given right to walk to a nearby beach to sit and watch the sunset... because I am not a millionaire and can't step foot on the beach because it's members only.

Quote:
She was just saying it would be nice if there were more public water access,
No, that is just a cover... she wants to have a bonfire on the beach when her family visits from the mountains and woods. Trust me... watching the sun set is only a way in.

I can see her burning down a mansion and screaming "EAT IT" as she runs down the street to her house, the 390 sf rental she spoke about.

All jokes aside, I think the sad part is she is really serious. It is the "they have what I don't and I don't see myself getting it on this salary".

Last edited by King_of_DC; 06-11-2014 at 07:25 PM..

Old 06-11-2014, 08:03 PM

274 posts, read 539,604 times
The words put in my mouth by a few of you are outrageous. 100% wrong. My intentions were twisted and turned into something ugly and it's not fun anymore. It's an insult to be on here defending my post--which was meant to be a simple rant and elicit some humor. But it has now turned into a personal attack by a few of you on my character, my life decisions, my career, and for what? because someone like me has voiced an opinion that challenges the status quo that sees the rich getting richer, and the poor getting poorer, with a simple statement that I wish I could see the water from my neighborhood? I did not, in ONE SINGLE POST, suggest that I deserved to live like the millionaires on my road. I did say that as a human being in the same community, I should be able to find a tiny little plot of land to step foot on to enjoy a piece of the local geography that I love=the water. You guys took my words, my intentions, and turned them into fodder for your attack against me. If it's possible to be hurt by an anonymous forum, it's been done.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:23 PM

21 posts, read 24,345 times
They really didn't want you air drying your clothes? WTF? Tell them to mind their own god business and let you carry on with yours.

Old 06-12-2014, 07:02 AM

33,316 posts, read 14,541,521 times
Quote:
I think you're putting words into the OP's mouth. I don't think she's demanding that she use her neighbor's property to see the sunset. And I don't think she thinks she's entitled to anything. She was just saying it would be nice if there were more public water access, given how much water there is around there. But alas, there is not where she lives. Sure, people can drive 15-20 minutes to a state park, but with countless miles of shoreline in Anne Arundel County, it seems odd that people should have to do that. But that's the way it is.
I respectfully disagree with your opinion. " I know millionaires buy properties by the water so they don't have the public walk all over their tidy yards, but I also know that as a member of the same community, I should be able to see the water since I"m a block from it."

Old 06-14-2014, 09:16 AM

795 posts, read 991,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eav1221 View Post
The words put in my mouth by a few of you are outrageous. 100% wrong. My intentions were twisted and turned into something ugly and it's not fun anymore. It's an insult to be on here defending my post--which was meant to be a simple rant and elicit some humor. But it has now turned into a personal attack by a few of you on my character, my life decisions, my career, and for what? because someone like me has voiced an opinion that challenges the status quo that sees the rich getting richer, and the poor getting poorer, with a simple statement that I wish I could see the water from my neighborhood? I did not, in ONE SINGLE POST, suggest that I deserved to live like the millionaires on my road. I did say that as a human being in the same community, I should be able to find a tiny little plot of land to step foot on to enjoy a piece of the local geography that I love=the water. You guys took my words, my intentions, and turned them into fodder for your attack against me. If it's possible to be hurt by an anonymous forum, it's been done.
No one suggested that you wanted to live like them... but the simple fact is that not many here think you deserve to be on their land simply because you live near it. There is a "movement" (if you will) against people who think they are "entitled".

And the rest of the comments are jokes since you basically said this was "all fun" and your posts were "sarcasm".

But you put your personal information out there to defend your positions... just because people used that same info to defend their positions does not mean they are "attacking" you.

Now all of a sudden you are the victim of bad people on a forum. Really?

“You underestimate the power of City-Data.com”

It is a forum... don't take it seriously.

Old 06-15-2014, 04:35 AM

9,409 posts, read 5,206,233 times
I'm not bothering to read a 6 page pissing match but I did catch the OP's last comment. Seems to me she has a valid point. When someone says "It is no wonder you can't earn enough to afford waterfront" those are pretty hurtful words for someone who has dedicated herself to working in education.

Old 06-15-2014, 08:58 AM

106 posts, read 282,454 times
We live in one of those "community" neighborhoods in one of those waterfront "mansions" but we agree 100% with the OP. The attitudes in at least some of the SP waterfront neighborhoods are elitist and exclusionary, but they come as much from people in the neighborhoods who don't live on the water as those who do. We have lived in many subdivisions with covenants and HOAs over the years. In SP, we live in a neighborhood with a "voluntary'" HOA-and the community leaders are like Nazis and overstep their bounds completely. I hear your pain and agree. Unfortunately, except for the community beaches which may only be used by approved community members, I dont know of public beach access in SP.

Old 06-15-2014, 09:47 AM

5,681 posts, read 5,884,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouBungalowChick View Post
They really didn't want you air drying your clothes? WTF? Tell them to mind their own god business and let you carry on with yours.
The OP should have blamed the cleaning lady.

Google "right to dry movement" butthurt over clotheslines are a widespread problem but we would all be better off if there were more of them. Clotheslines save way more electricity than LED bulbs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or