Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 09:30 PM

274 posts, read 675,399 times

Advertisements

I live (rent) in Severna Park near the water. I am a school teacher. I cannot afford much. I cannot afford the community beach memberships, but because I am a resident, my brain tells me I should have the God-given right to walk to a nearby beach to sit and watch the sunset--but nooooooooooooooooooooooo they all say no-trespassing...or all the roads end in someone's mansion driveway. I also think I should be able to hang some clothes out to dry in the summer sun without being asked by a neighboring millionaire that there is an rule against being cost-conscious and earth friendly. Oooooh sorry I Hillbillied up your bourgeois lifestyle with my redneck non-Ralph Lauren 5000 Egyptian cotton towels. Where I'm from, if it's hot and sunny out, we hung out clothes up to dry to save electricity. Not in Severna Park, Land of the Sperry Topsiders, Lexus's, and snooty mansion-living people. Eat it Severna Park. Eat it.

That is all.

Rant over.

Old 06-01-2014, 10:00 PM

795 posts, read 1,262,711 times
Move back to where you are from...

I LOVE community rules so people like you can't trash the place.

Old 06-01-2014, 10:23 PM

274 posts, read 675,399 times
I hate people like you. period. Nobody is trashing anything here.

Old 06-02-2014, 05:13 AM

123 posts, read 202,143 times
Its opinions like yours that fired up the French Revolution. The way Maryland is going Fortress Severna Park may not be too far fetched down the road!

Old 06-02-2014, 05:33 AM

1,161 posts, read 2,434,519 times
If you think Severna Park is rich, then you haven't seen real wealth.

There are parks along the water around Annapolis, no? Drive to a waterfront park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eav1221 View Post
I live (rent) in Severna Park near the water. I am a school teacher. I cannot afford much. I cannot afford the community beach memberships, but because I am a resident, my brain tells me I should have the God-given right to walk to a nearby beach to sit and watch the sunset--but nooooooooooooooooooooooo they all say no-trespassing...or all the roads end in someone's mansion driveway. I also think I should be able to hang some clothes out to dry in the summer sun without being asked by a neighboring millionaire that there is an rule against being cost-conscious and earth friendly. Oooooh sorry I Hillbillied up your bourgeois lifestyle with my redneck non-Ralph Lauren 5000 Egyptian cotton towels. Where I'm from, if it's hot and sunny out, we hung out clothes up to dry to save electricity. Not in Severna Park, Land of the Sperry Topsiders, Lexus's, and snooty mansion-living people. Eat it Severna Park. Eat it.

That is all.

Rant over.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:10 AM

866 posts, read 2,618,084 times
I agree that it's really annoying that there is such little water access in places like Severna Park and other areas along the Chesapeake Bay. It does seem to be limited to those with waterfront property and/or boats. I feel your pain.

I really don't understand the appeal of Severna Park. Sure there are some nicer mansions, but most of the housing stock is old and plain, and most of the amenities are in strip malls along Ritchie Highway.

I say move to a place where you feel more comfortable.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:59 AM

581 posts, read 1,167,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobo16 View Post
I agree that it's really annoying that there is such little water access in places like Severna Park and other areas along the Chesapeake Bay. It does seem to be limited to those with waterfront property and/or boats. I feel your pain.

I say move to a place where you feel more comfortable.
Agreed!

Old 06-02-2014, 03:08 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,043,781 times
Well, maybe they should open up more public access spots to the water. As soon as you get around to having enough money to acquire your own house on the water, you can start petitioning the county or the state to put a public boat ramp, or a beach right next to you. Or someone else might even start the petition to put one next to you after you have spent the money to buy on the water.

I'm not being snarky here, except to point out that putting in public access can diminish the property values of people who live adjacent to them. There are places you can go to now, but you might have to travel a bit to use them. It's sort of like the same argument about buying into a nice neighborhood, only to have someone put section 8 housing in after the fact.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:09 PM

580 posts, read 773,180 times
Quote:
I really hope you don't end up in my school district in HoCo. Karma would have you teaching in Clarksville, with even more rich, privileged brats.

People pay significant amounts of money for waterfront property in AACo. Most people have worked damn hard and saved for years, and don't want their property value to drop by little miss granola air drying all the clothes all over the front yard.

I would hazard that the vast majority of residents in Severna Park neither know who you are, nor do they care of your opinions. The sooner you realize this, maybe the happier you would be.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:19 PM

166 posts, read 349,650 times
Quote:

That is all.

Rant over.
Ha! That was funny. There are neighborhoods in SP that don't have mansions or good water access (I live in one). Maybe you just need to find a neighborhood that suits you better? In my neighborhood no one would say anything if you put a clothesline in your backyard so no one would see it from the road (as long as it was not a permanent thing). We are real people who do community garage sales and neighborhood clean ups and BBQs. And you cannot tell the people with money from the people just getting by....everyone is down to earth. Good luck finding a new place Your hood is just not a good fit for you....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland