U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 03:35 PM

33,377 posts, read 14,579,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Well the Vet's been gone for 10 years. I didn't say everyone was rude, just that there was an abundance of them. The ratio of rude to nice people in Maryland (particularly the DC area and some parts of Baltimore) is pretty much unrivaled to any place I've spent much time except for maybe North Jersey.

However for your reference Dave if I had to live in Maryland it would probably be in Carroll County.
"The ratio of rude to nice people in Maryland (particularly the DC area"

Don't ignore MOST of those people are probably not locals.

Where are you from?

I wouldn't be surprised to find that some of those "rude" people are from your area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2014, 11:34 AM

605 posts, read 424,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"The ratio of rude to nice people in Maryland (particularly the DC area"

Don't ignore MOST of those people are probably not locals.

Where are you from?

I wouldn't be surprised to find that some of those "rude" people are from your area.
Considering the sheer number of transplants from Pennsylvania and New Jersey in Maryland, I would not be surprised if that is the case.

Old 08-26-2014, 03:55 PM

5,689 posts, read 7,277,793 times
Does it matter? I'm talking about people that live in Maryland. If you want to argue that your state sucks because of transplants, that's a different discussion.

But the fact of the matter is your state kinda sucks.

Old 08-27-2014, 12:38 AM

3,234 posts, read 1,717,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
See this the problem I have with this thread. I am not trying to be unsympathtic to your problems, just pointing out that issues with the Federal Bonding Program (whatever that is), job fairs, and doctors are not problems for you because you live in Maryland. Try talking to a veteran of a Detroit job fair and get back to me.

This entire thread has evolved into one big ***** session as people complain about their problems that have nothing to do with the state of Maryland.
I don't know about Detroit. I can't hate a place I've never visited so within my vision, Maryland might as well be one of the worst places to me. I'm ready for progression and Maryland just makes me feel like I'm not ever going to get it. My feelings have to be warranted because here's the thing how are they going to have jobs if they don't have much variety in business which equals incompetent people in business because they're desperate for work.
Like I said it only burned fuel to the fire. I literally can't think of one thing outside my apartment complex that I like about my city. Even my local Denny's isn't what it used to be.

Last edited by Nickchick; 08-27-2014 at 12:49 AM..

Old 08-27-2014, 08:57 AM

4,564 posts, read 7,632,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I don't know about Detroit. I can't hate a place I've never visited so within my vision, Maryland might as well be one of the worst places to me. I'm ready for progression and Maryland just makes me feel like I'm not ever going to get it. My feelings have to be warranted because here's the thing how are they going to have jobs if they don't have much variety in business which equals incompetent people in business because they're desperate for work.
Like I said it only burned fuel to the fire. I literally can't think of one thing outside my apartment complex that I like about my city. Even my local Denny's isn't what it used to be.
That's your problem right there. Try the Double TT diner by FSK mall or Mountain View on Rt. 40. Both have excellent diner fare.

Old 08-27-2014, 11:35 AM

5,689 posts, read 7,277,793 times
Well I do disagree with Nickchick as the job market is one of the only positive things Maryland has going for it in my opinion.

Old 08-29-2014, 11:33 AM

6,212 posts, read 7,046,066 times
Dissing an entire state on heavy traffic congestion and accidents when the same thing occurs in other states with large populations and/or heavily concentrated density especially in full knowing that a majority of the state's population is packed between two large cities? Whatever floats your boat I guess. But I'll say this as a wake up call, WELCOME TO THE EAST COAST!!!

Old 08-29-2014, 10:44 PM

3,234 posts, read 1,717,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
That's your problem right there. Try the Double TT diner by FSK mall or Mountain View on Rt. 40. Both have excellent diner fare.
I've been to Mountain View and it's good but it's very expensive. I used Denny's as an example because it was my favorite place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Well I do disagree with Nickchick as the job market is one of the only positive things Maryland has going for it in my opinion.
Maybe in your neck of the woods but I'm just not seeing it in Fredneck

Old 09-02-2014, 06:42 PM

102 posts, read 117,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eav1221 View Post
Yeah, MD sucks. On my post I was nearly screamed off by some people who got their panties in a wad over some little ol poor person's opinions. It just further infuriates me about some things about this state: overcrowded roads being one major source of my headaches. When I go home to PA, I'm much more relaxed and am not gripping the wheel out of stress. If I could go home, find a job, and have my husband find a job that pays well, we'd be out of here. I just got a good job with HoCo so we'll be sitting in traffic at least for another 5 years...then who knows. I feel your pain though!

Yea maryland sucks for so many reasons traffic is just one of them. The reason why the traffic and road rage is so bad in MD compared to other states is because it's such a small state with a large amount of people. Waaaaay too many people are cramped in that one small space. It's one of the most populated smallest states. Not enough room on the roads. I always noticed how cars with out of state tags like Jersey, Virgina, Penn and Florida always drive the speed limit and not aggressive at all compared to the hyper speeding driving idiot with MD tags trying to break their neck just to cut you off. But don't know if you can blame them. They're used to fighting for space every time they get on the road.

Old 09-03-2014, 05:24 AM

9,454 posts, read 5,227,956 times
This past weekend we visited a friend who lives outside of Cambridge. I honestly have never met friendlier people, the couple we met at the boat ramp stopped just short of inviting us over for dinner. EVERYONE I came across was like that.

So we spent a weekend on the water, catching and eating crabs, riding in the boat, swimming off the dock. Then drove home where we could see the start of the Appalachian Mountains. You would have never guessed those 2 places were in the same state, yet alone a few hours apart. Yeah Maryland sucks alright.

I get what Philly guy is saying about the majority of the people living near the cities. He is going by population, I am going by geography as we are of course generalizing about an entire state and he wants to focus on a small section of the state. I'll say it again, traffic and "rude" people are not unique to the MD burbs. Go to any large city, especially in the NE, and that's what you will find.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or