Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2022, 08:18 PM

3,633 posts, read 4,767,955 times

Advertisements

I live here. Violent crime is very rare in Ocean City. When it happens it makes the news in Balt/Wash because those dumps want to make OC out to be a no go zone.

And all the stupid statistics don't count in a place like this because it swells to MD's second largest city in the summer with the tourists but only has a population of about 10,000. That 10,000 is what everything is based on even though hundreds of thousands are here in the summer so on paper it looks bad but isn't even close. All touristy, vacation towns look bad in that sense. It is still a safe, family friendly town.

It is basically a small town that after living here a bit and going around you recognize and get to know a good many people as you always see each other around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2022, 08:33 PM

3,633 posts, read 4,767,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Bumping thread, I still like hearing nostalgic memories if ya got 'em..
On that note, through the 90's, at least for a "fish head" (worked on charter boats) like me there was the old Flying Fish/Canyons Cafe at the Fishing CTR in West OC.

Our typical routs were Sundays, M.R. DUCKS. Mondays, Fagers. I think Tuesdays were Secrets (when it was a decent group of outside bars)

Fish Tales was a small local bar that I would have a drink waiting as I got in the door. Many times I'd get handed a bill with the previous weeks drinking on it so I would stay current as I always wandered away at some point without paying. Great little bar in those days before they made it into a mini secrets. I keep my boat there now and had lunch at the restaurant once. Just not the same!

Late nite grub at Fat Daddy's or Mateos downtown. I'm sure that had something to do with later heart attacks!

Reel Inn guest bar tender night where drinks were ridiculously cheap and ridiculously strong.

Actual closing party's were they sold what they had left. By the end of the night you were drinking the swill that nobody bought over the summer.

The drunk bus....always entertaining. I'm sure I was part of it a time or 2.

Marylue and the Untouchables or Bird Dog at the MR DUCKS deck partys or the Flying Fish Saloon.

Batman....RIP!

Good Times....Some actually remembered!

Old 08-03-2022, 09:56 AM

19,899 posts, read 8,793,438 times
Sun and Surf movie theatres are closing up after Labor Day. Sold out to a hotel developer.

Old 08-03-2022, 11:46 AM

2,206 posts, read 3,875,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Sun and Surf movie theatres are closing up after Labor Day. Sold out to a hotel developer.
It's a great location for a hotel.

Old 08-05-2022, 08:13 PM

32,757 posts, read 35,962,679 times
Default Out with the old...

I hope that there was a fire.

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.3305...7i13312!8i6656

https://www.google.com/maps/place/le...!4d-75.0864593

Old 08-06-2022, 04:02 PM

3,627 posts, read 2,464,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
That sucks.. 1997, I basically lived in there on spring nights, before all the tourist attractions opened for the summer.
I remember seeing a lot of bad movies in an empty theater there.. BAPS, Murder at 1600..etc.

Old 08-10-2022, 10:40 AM

1,781 posts, read 1,910,062 times
Jurassic Park, The Lion King, countless other '90s Disney renaissance films, that was truly my go-to place for $6 summer blockbusters. At least unlike that Victorian structure downtown, it wasn't particularly architecturally distinguishing, except when you first walk in and see the first two screens to the left/right of the concessions stand to note where the first two screens were built before they later expanded.

Old 08-27-2022, 06:52 AM

3,627 posts, read 2,464,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
Our typical routs were Sundays, M.R. DUCKS..

Good Times....Some actually remembered!
Yeah, I remember in the 90s, always seeing M R Ducks & Big Peckers shirts all over the boardwalk. I had a neighbor (one summer) who worked at M R Ducks.. I think it wasn't the bar tho, but just a little shop that sold the Ducks shirts.. not sure if that still exists (?)

Old 08-27-2022, 07:50 AM

19,899 posts, read 8,793,438 times
Quote:
Yeah, I remember in the 90s, always seeing M R Ducks & Big Peckers shirts all over the boardwalk. I had a neighbor (one summer) who worked at M R Ducks.. I think it wasn't the bar tho, but just a little shop that sold the Ducks shirts.. not sure if that still exists (?)

still there.

https://mrducksapparel.com/

Old 08-28-2022, 10:20 AM

2,206 posts, read 3,875,723 times
Quote:
In the mid-1980s, the Buckwheat t-shirt, "Buckwheat says waves O-tay," was very popular.

Last edited by NJ2MDdude; 08-28-2022 at 10:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland