U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 07:14 AM

2,660 posts, read 2,519,317 times

Advertisements

https://www.facebook.com/groups/159966675804/

well anyways-if there are any Seahawks fans in the DC area there is a Seahawks Facebook fan page and a meet up every week at a bar in DC to watch the Seahawks game (there is also a UW alum club in DC and where they watch the UW games next door sometimes)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 08:45 PM

687 posts, read 655,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidValleyDad View Post
From the little I know about PG County schools I agree that the entire county system has been involved in an uphill fight for years and I'm not sure if they are making any progress or even holding their own.
It's not the fault of the school system itself which exists only because of it's geography.

The problem is that the county is full of functionally illiterate kids growing up in dysfunctional households (often without fathers) and parents who may or may not care.

No no, not the whole county, not every single individual, not including good areas like Bowie and the extreme rural portion in the southeast corner of the county, just....mostly, in general.

Nothing you or I can do about it except avoid the area so as to not get caught up in that mess.

Old 12-11-2014, 10:21 PM

7 posts, read 8,007 times
Sorry Phoenixmike11, I thought I responded to your post, but it never posted. I had said, yes we are Seahawks fans, but we didn't go to WSU or UW so we have no allegiances to one or the other that way LOL Thank you for your suggestions.
Thanks everyone for all of your info. Tough choices ahead. It's funny because I'm getting so much information and there are so many conflicting views from people (not from these postings, from people we are meeting). I'm thinking it's people who are from one school have stereotypes of another school etc. So confusing.
Anyway, we are traveling that way next week and looking again. Hopefully we'll be moving soon. Just have to sell our house here in Washington first.

Old 12-12-2014, 07:56 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,603,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WA state mom View Post
I'm getting so much information and there are so many conflicting views from people (not from these postings, from people we are meeting). I'm thinking it's people who are from one school have stereotypes of another school etc. So confusing
Have you called the schools yet and asked for a tour? Most are very welcoming of incoming parents. Good luck with your search!

Old 12-12-2014, 11:23 PM

7 posts, read 8,007 times
Yes, I've been to a couple of them. It's hard to get a feel for it as a parent and not a student. The administration at both were nice, but what are the chances they would act badly in front of me? LOL I don't know. When we come next week hopefully I get a better feel!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or