Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 07:46 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,871,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
If the state gets Federal funds for the project, $900 million, Hogan would be a fool to leave that money on the table. That's about 40% of the cost right there. And now with a Republican Congress, that opportunity may not come around again for years. Current money is always worth more than future money. In other words, 5 or so years from now, $900 million may only be a third of the cost. The Feds already put up $100 million for the project in the budget starting on Oct. 1st. So, the train has already left the station. (pun intended). It's all on Hogan now.
Right. If Hogan delays the purple line or screws up it's chances of getting more federal money, it will only cost Maryland tax payers more in the long run. That line will get built and if they drag it out, it's going to cost a lot more and waste a lot of money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 08:45 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
And the roads have it! Dear Mr. Hogan, I do hope you keep your word that you will fix our roads. After all, you'll have all of that diverted money from the shelved Purple Line to get it done. I'm holding you to it. I hit one pothole, I'm sending you a letter!
Write your letter to Anthony Brown. Hogan and the voters of Maryland don't owe you anything.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:06 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,561,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Write your letter to Anthony Brown. Hogan and the voters of Maryland don't owe you anything.
Not so fast. Hogan said in his campaign that he would repair the roads. I'm not supposed to take him at his word? lol God forbid I accept defeat and put my trust in the Governor-elect. Geeze.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:43 AM

6,999 posts, read 11,293,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Anyone who doesn't follow Tea Party/Rush Limbaugh line lockstep and robotically is a "troll" to the one guy with the 10 screen names who tries to shout down any liberal or moderate who dares to post in "his" section. Hogan's going to get beat like he stole something tonight and I bet the networks call the election the moment polls close in MD
Not an phenomenal night, eh AJ? Don't spike the ball until you cross the goal line.

Old 11-05-2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
Not an phenomenal night, eh AJ? Don't spike the ball until you cross the goal line.
He's still sulking in his apartment in the basement of his parents' house.

Old 11-05-2014, 10:37 AM

3,146 posts, read 4,101,008 times
Well, you fools went ahead and voted for Hogan and against your best interests.

Get ready for four years of major butt-hurt.

Relax and don't clinch, it'll hurt less going in.

Old 11-05-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
Well, you fools went ahead and voted for Hogan and against your best interests.

Get ready for four years of major butt-hurt.

Relax and don't clinch, it'll hurt less going in.
Obviously you don't live in Maryland, otherwise you would know that our "best interests" do NOT include endless tax increases.

The only butt hurt is the 9 point drubbing the Maryland Democrats got at the polls yesterday, in deep blue Maryland no less. It would have been closer, but Obumbler graciously showed up to campaign for Brown last week. Thanks buddy!

Old 11-05-2014, 10:54 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Hogan for the win!

Old 11-05-2014, 11:05 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,158,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
The Purple Line will still get built. Hogan may be able to block some State funding, but let's be real here: if Montgomery County, Prince George's County, The University of Maryland, and DC want it, it will get built. Keep in mind that the project is funded by Federal, State, local, and private fundings. Hogan will only have some control over State.

Hogan used the Purple Line to get the votes from MoCo and PG Counties he needed to win.
Quote:
If the state gets Federal funds for the project, $900 million, Hogan would be a fool to leave that money on the table. That's about 40% of the cost right there. And now with a Republican Congress, that opportunity may not come around again for years. Current money is always worth more than future money. In other words, 5 or so years from now, $900 million may only be a third of the cost. The Feds already put up $100 million for the project in the budget starting on Oct. 1st. So, the train has already left the station. (pun intended). It's all on Hogan now.
Hogan's a purist loon and I wouldn't count on him seeing your logical arguments as logical. He's in and wants to position himself as a conservative hero to get into the White House. I'm glad we have the good fortune of a Democratic legislature to keep the creep from his full agenda.

Old 11-05-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Hogan's a purist loon and I wouldn't count on him seeing your logical arguments as logical. He's in and wants to position himself as a conservative hero to get into the White House. I'm glad we have the good fortune of a Democratic legislature to keep the creep from his full agenda.
The Democrats lost their supermajorities in both chambers. So any veto by Hogan will be upheld. Maryland moonbat liberals got their rear ends handed to them yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland