Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 12:31 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,070,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdflk View Post
Well Dave, welcome....so you're just now strongly considering it....well damn, what would it take for you to actually DO it. How out of hand does this state have to get for people to stop putting liberal Dems in power in this state? It's BEEN crazy.

Thanks you for at least considering another choice.
The last two elections I voted against EVERY incumbent...EVERY one....and that was BEFORE The "rain tax."
Politicians need to know if you don't do what we like -- you're OUT!
Good points. I, too, wonder what in the world is so great about MD Democrat policies that people willingly overlook the attack on their wallets. Do social policies appeal to liberal emotions so strongly that fiscal affairs are irrelevant? Judging the response from MD voters, it sure does seem like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2014, 01:16 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,657,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
For the first time in my life I am strongly considering voting Republican.
I feel very strongly about liberal social issues but ...
I don't vote in Maryland any more but I did send Heather Mizeur a check.
Maryland's gates need a few Barbarians.

Old 09-04-2014, 01:57 PM

27,377 posts, read 28,451,420 times
Don't really care.

Maryland will be a great state no matter who is governor, because the REAL capital which matters here is Washington DC anyway. That is the main source of Maryland's wealth and prosperity. ;-)

Old 09-04-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
That is the main source of Maryland's wealth and prosperity.
You must be new to the area.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:37 PM

6,948 posts, read 11,212,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Don't really care.

Maryland will be a great state no matter who is governor, because the REAL capital which matters here is Washington DC anyway. That is the main source of Maryland's wealth and prosperity. ;-)
.......except for the parts of the state too far away from D.C. to benefit from Uncle Moneybags, but still well within MD's jurisdiction to tax and regulate into the ground.

Old 09-04-2014, 03:01 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,070,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
.......except for the parts of the state too far away from D.C. to benefit from Uncle Moneybags, but still well within MD's jurisdiction to tax and regulate into the ground.
Exactly. Many seem to think that MD is comprised of only two counties: Montgomery and Anne Arundel.

Old 09-04-2014, 03:07 PM

45,073 posts, read 60,132,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Exactly. Many seem to think that MD is comprised of only two counties: Montgomery and Anne Arundel.
I wouldn't include Anne Arundel, really. I would, however, add Prince George's, Howard and Baltimore Counties (at least the lower urbanized half of the latter) and Baltimore City to the list of "don't realize there's more to the State". The only reason Southern MD is paid attention to, to an extent, is NAS PAX. That goes away, or contracts operations, then we'll be ignored. Especially when Hoyer is no longer the Congressman.

Old 09-04-2014, 05:00 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,154,572 times
Better than putting a Teabagger than Larry Hogan in and our Founding Fathers had poor foresight that lead to our 2 party system, so Brown's the better choice. Funny no ones actually posted anything positive about Hogan.

Old 09-04-2014, 07:03 PM

581 posts, read 964,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Better than putting a Teabagger than Larry Hogan in and our Founding Fathers had poor foresight that lead to our 2 party system, so Brown's the better choice. Funny no ones actually posted anything positive about Hogan.
Maryland might as well have a one-party system the way it is now. I think neither party should have as much control over a state as the Dem's do over MD. There's no control on them and MD outside of the center is ignored.

Old 09-04-2014, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
...so Brown's the better choice.
No... he's the default choice.
He's a nice young man. I bet he would be a great State Farm agent.

Quote:
Funny no ones actually posted anything positive about Hogan.
Which was also largely the case with Ehrlich in 2001.
He was lucky enough to have an opponent who riled up the blood.
(The Dem machine pols learned from that KKT debacle)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland