Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 06:56 PM

3,401 posts, read 1,232,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
How very relevant, the poll numbers of a man who will be out of elected life in 4 months. Is the next poll going to be most popular actors of 1948?
I would say that a poll close to when he is leaving office is quite significant.

If, after your eight years, the citizens decide they liked how you governed the state, then you were a successful governor. He's done most everything he will do. I find this approval rating much more significant than one taken, say, when he was only in office for 4 months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 07:30 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,059,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianator View Post
I would say that a poll close to when he is leaving office is quite significant.

If, after your eight years, the citizens decide they liked how you governed the state, then you were a successful governor. He's done most everything he will do. I find this approval rating much more significant than one taken, say, when he was only in office for 4 months.
Exactly.

It's a crying shame that zombies and sheep get to vote.

Old 10-22-2014, 04:57 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,153,880 times
Quote:

But its irrelevant since he won't be your governor in four months. Unlike your apparent love for Ariana Grande, it doesn't matter what people think of politicians on their way out.

Old 10-22-2014, 10:35 AM

3,401 posts, read 1,232,147 times
Quote:
But its irrelevant since he won't be your governor in four months. Unlike your apparent love for Ariana Grande, it doesn't matter what people think of politicians on their way out.
It is relevant. Marylanders finally realized what I and a lot of other people I know realized a long time ago: Taxing and spending is out of control. If you don't like how O'malley is running the state, why would you vote for Brown? He is just going to do the same thing O'malley did. It shows that the citizens of Maryland are finally fed up with all the taxes, excessive spending, and waste.

Since his right-hand man, Anthony Brown is running for governor, and will likely continue O'malley's bad practices, it is very relevant. What makes you think Mr. Brown will do anything different?

Old 10-22-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Man, how obtuse can one person be?

Of course it's not irrelevant. Do you think Barack Obama could have been elected after 8 years of George W. Bush's controversial policies?

The predecessor to an office absolutely matters. It's precisely why Larry Hogan is within striking distance of winning an election that otherwise should have been a cake-walk for Democrats. Martion O'Malley is toxic in the State of MD.

Old 10-22-2014, 03:03 PM

15,402 posts, read 25,684,269 times
Quote:
It is relevant. Marylanders finally realized what I and a lot of other people I know realized a long time ago: Taxing and spending is out of control. If you don't like how O'malley is running the state, why would you vote for Brown? He is just going to do the same thing O'malley did. It shows that the citizens of Maryland are finally fed up with all the taxes, excessive spending, and waste.

Since his right-hand man, Anthony Brown is running for governor, and will likely continue O'malley's bad practices, it is very relevant. What makes you think Mr. Brown will do anything different?
If they learned anything, it's probably only temporary. After all, they did vote for Ehrlich, but they went back and brought in Owe'malley. It will take several elections to see if they learned anything more permanent yet.

Old 10-24-2014, 05:42 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,153,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Man, how obtuse can one person be?

Of course it's not irrelevant. Do you think Barack Obama could have been elected after 8 years of George W. Bush's controversial policies?

The predecessor to an office absolutely matters. It's precisely why Larry Hogan is within striking distance of winning an election that otherwise should have been a cake-walk for Democrats. Martion O'Malley is toxic in the State of MD.
America isn't like your Tea Party favorite country Russia where leaders are puppets for Putin. What incentive would Brown have for blindly doing everything Martin O'Malley tells him. Lol its nice to see a Teabagger admit Bush was a horrible president but Obama likely would've been elected anyway. John Kerry ran one of the worst most incompetent campaigns ever and barely lost. Obama had to just do a smidge better than Kerry to win.

Old 10-24-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
America isn't like your Tea Party favorite country Russia where leaders are puppets for Putin. What incentive would Brown have for blindly doing everything Martin O'Malley tells him. Lol its nice to see a Teabagger admit Bush was a horrible president but Obama likely would've been elected anyway. John Kerry ran one of the worst most incompetent campaigns ever and barely lost. Obama had to just do a smidge better than Kerry to win.
Ignorant comments.

Please point to any portion of my comment that would compel you to believe that I said, implied, or otherwise asserted that Brown would blindly do everything Martin O'Malley tells him to do?

I don't mind debating people with opposing opinions...in fact I relish it. But I do expect at least a modicum of reading comprehension from the opposing viewpoint if you expect me to participate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
View detailed profiles of: