U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-21-2007, 04:58 PM

5 posts, read 16,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsharp View Post
It seems your the guy to talk to regarding the Eastern Shore. How is Caroline county? Particularly Federalsburg?

Federalsburg has a population of about 3000. It has 3 Industrial Parks..ABout an hour away from Ocean City and 45 mins from Salisbury State College.

It's my hometown. I probably wouldn't live anywhere else.
With the exception of Easton
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2007, 04:33 AM

18 posts, read 58,056 times
Does anyone do the Easton to Annapolis commute for work? I've lived in Annapolis for 7 years and am thinking about buying a house in Easton. How long does it take to get from Easton RT. 322 area to Forest Dr, Annapolis area in the morning. I work from home every other day so I would only be doing the commute about 10 times per month.

Old 12-15-2007, 06:55 PM

196 posts, read 551,482 times
I heard that Easton has an Amish market. Is it still there, and if so what do you think of it?

Old 12-17-2007, 05:10 AM

784 posts, read 1,713,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin21403 View Post
Does anyone do the Easton to Annapolis commute for work? I've lived in Annapolis for 7 years and am thinking about buying a house in Easton. How long does it take to get from Easton RT. 322 area to Forest Dr, Annapolis area in the morning. I work from home every other day so I would only be doing the commute about 10 times per month.
I do Grasonville to Jessup - 5 days a week. It is 45 miles but takes less than an hour (EXCEPT on FRIDAY AFTERNOON in the summer) (Sometimes Thursday gets crowded too) - If you can avoid going at the "beach traffic" time I think it is very do-able.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:33 PM

3 posts, read 7,848 times
The Amish mkt is still in Easton. It is GREAT. I make a weekly trip there. It is only open on Thurs,Fri and Saturdays.Opens about 8-9.and close Thurs at 7. Fri at 6 and Sat at 3.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:54 PM

5 posts, read 17,211 times
can a single person have a life in easton? i'm a single woman in her early 40s...

Old 08-01-2009, 06:29 PM

1,749 posts, read 4,517,131 times
I know this is a really old thread, but I wanted to say thanks for the great info about Easton. Until a few years ago, I thought Easton was just a short stretch of fast food places that you drove through to get to Ocean City. But then a friend and I got tickets to a Dar Williams concert at the Avalon Theatre, so we decided to stay for the weekend and got a room at a B&B. I am so glad we did! Easton is a beautiful little town with great shops and restaurants, and a real small-town feel. I only wish I could afford to live there! But we've since made it a regular destination point when we want to get away but still stay close to home.

Old 08-04-2009, 02:24 PM

52 posts, read 141,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pczeno View Post
can a single person have a life in easton? i'm a single woman in her early 40s...
Probably... depends most on how outgoing you are, you have to "get involved" to meet people. Then you have to like the area and what it has to offer.

Old 08-09-2009, 04:55 PM

2 posts, read 5,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSSGOBBLER View Post
My daughter is considering a move to Md. She's a teacher and has a job prospect in Cambridge, but I'm reading so many negatives about that town I'm growing VERY concerned. Is living in Easton any safer? She's a young, bright, very attractive, white female and not very "street wise" at all. Any thoughts from anyone out there? I'm a supportive dad but I don't want to have to worry about her safety all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!v
There are some really cute places downtown to rent, but as my knuckleheaded son found out, there are some not so nice places as well... I would stay in the Easton area, if she can afford it. Always happy to help out a new educator in the area is she needs advice.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:25 PM

10 posts, read 21,797 times
Can I add to this thread a request for info for a possible commute to DC? Is it an option for a M-F commute option? Is there a place to get to a METRO Station? What is the estimated to9me element for such a commute either totally or partially by car of public transportation? Thanks very much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland