Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2015, 07:22 AM

9 posts, read 15,955 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,
I'm currently living in SC looking to relocate to Maryland or further north to PA, NJ or NY, haven't made up my mind yet, trying to get as much info from each state.

My 2yr old daughter was just diagnosed in SC for ASD but doesn't qualify for medicaid coverage until 3. They do have a early intervention for birth-3 but there's no available slots for ABA at this time. ( waiting list is very long) plus my area only has on small center with a first come first service waiting list ( paid out of pocket only) and the biggest cities that have more centers and preschools are 2-3 hours away. I just can't stand around and wait while my child gets worse I can see the declined changes in her behavior everyday ( I am a stay at home single mom on a very low income, I provide transportation services to 3 elderly family members to and from medical treatment that are 3 hours away 3 days a week) With very little support from family in this area I'm prepared to take this journey alone. So I'm reaching out to other parents like myself and searching for answers on how to relocate with a disabled child. Where do I began ?

For MD Parents of Autistic child(ren) what areas are the best for toddlers on the spectrum ? Do they have special need childcare ? Is medicaid coverage services available ? And what preschools are available for children on the spectrum ?

Thank You Stay Blessed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland