Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 12:05 AM

2,592 posts, read 4,650,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwestman View Post
In all seriousness, however, as bad as things are now, from what I understand, things are better in Baltimore now compared to 10 - 15 years ago, correct?
no.....LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2015, 12:40 PM

265 posts, read 508,846 times
It is very dangerous in Baltimore City. I heard on the news that the murder rate is at 211.

Old 08-20-2015, 04:54 PM

675 posts, read 722,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2paisley View Post
The Gov can't do anything in the city. Years ago they passed a bill which the Gov can't take over the city unless the Mayor asks for help.
Thanks for letting me know that, but how is it that leaders of other counties are on committees that make decisions about Baltimore City that are going to limit the number of individuals convicted of criminal behavior and their incarceration. See my post under Baltimore.

Old 08-22-2015, 09:31 AM

265 posts, read 508,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debold4215 View Post
Thanks for letting me know that, but how is it that leaders of other counties are on committees that make decisions about Baltimore City that are going to limit the number of individuals convicted of criminal behavior and their incarceration. See my post under Baltimore.
Your welcome. It could be when they did all the redistricting.

Old 08-23-2015, 06:47 AM

27,523 posts, read 28,613,393 times
When the police crack down on criminals and lowlifes, they are vilified by the media and accused of brutality. That is why law enforcement has had to turn the other way. What other choice do they have? We are living in an anti-government environment now. It's all about politics and nothing else.

Old 08-23-2015, 08:44 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,681,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
When the police crack down on criminals and lowlifes, they are vilified by the media and accused of brutality. That is why law enforcement has had to turn the other way. What other choice do they have? We are living in an anti-government environment now. It's all about politics and nothing else.
lol. Yeah, that darn media with their vilification of officers who assault, harass and murder people. So unfair. I wish the media would cover up those cases, instead. Life would be so much simpler if no one held those cops accountable.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:27 AM

16 posts, read 17,545 times
What that city needs is more "Black Lives Matter!" protests. That'll make the murder rate drop!

Old 08-26-2015, 09:45 AM

1,025 posts, read 1,751,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Face it. This problem is not about police tactics...this problem is about failed black ghetto culture. The Absent Father Generationâ„¢...the welfare mama generation...the high school drop out generation....the thug life mentality....the entitlement mentality.......and 40+ years of Democratic intransigence. None of it is because the white man kept them down. If so, how do you explain the millions of successful black people in America that do just fine?

I, for one, will wallow happily in my "white privilege" while these idiots demonstrate that they have in fact RELEGATED THEMSELVES to second class citizenship. Not me, not anyone I know, is responsible for the state of affairs in America's ghetto's. Any one of them can stop the revolving door by staying in school...graduating....getting a job/learning a trade/going to college....saving money.....getting married.....buying a house.....having children....and raising those children with a civic duty to care for oneself and their family for a better future.

But they choose not to do it.

Not my fault. I own none of it. Let Baltimore rot and die. None of it is anyone's fault but the individuals who perpetuate this cycle of s**t.
How exactly do you save money and go to college when you have nothing. I think we do ourselves a dis-service when we ignore the root cause of the problem. Let's be honest, a lot the inner city problems started back during Jim Crow era and when manufacturing jobs were outsourced. Black people were not allowed to buy in certain areas due to redlining so they couldn't build wealth to pass down to their children and also that combined with the huge loss of manufacturing jobs made the situation worse in places like Baltimore. So what do you do to make real money...you turn the underground market (i.e. drugs) to make money to support your family. That's what generations know and often turn to. Then the war on drugs amplified the problem, making it even more difficult for people to find work. It's just a vicious cycle, it's really a sad.

Good for you that you can wallow in your "white privilege", I don't think you would be saying the same thing if you were an inner city child living in west Baltimore.

Old 09-08-2015, 01:08 PM

44 posts, read 64,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e2ksj3 View Post
How exactly do you save money and go to college when you have nothing. I think we do ourselves a dis-service when we ignore the root cause of the problem. Let's be honest, a lot the inner city problems started back during Jim Crow era and when manufacturing jobs were outsourced. Black people were not allowed to buy in certain areas due to redlining so they couldn't build wealth to pass down to their children and also that combined with the huge loss of manufacturing jobs made the situation worse in places like Baltimore. So what do you do to make real money...you turn the underground market (i.e. drugs) to make money to support your family. That's what generations know and often turn to. Then the war on drugs amplified the problem, making it even more difficult for people to find work. It's just a vicious cycle, it's really a sad.

Good for you that you can wallow in your "white privilege", I don't think you would be saying the same thing if you were an inner city child living in west Baltimore.

This is ignorant statement and completely nonfactual. Baltimore city is they way it is from the blockbusting of late 70's. nothing to do with jim crow.

Plenty of job opportunity in Baltimore. Current native resident, wont get proper education to be considered for those.
Look how high the dropout rate is in Baltimore.
You got Mogan state university, with in state tuition cost, minority grants, ect, ect but 70% of the high school student wont stay in school long enough to even be eligible to apply. Hell they wont even attempt to get a GED

Has nothing to do with race. Its based on being ignorant- as "you don't know" People like you continue to make rash statement and using race as a crutch. Pathetic and a poor excuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
View detailed profiles of: