Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2015, 09:47 AM

2 posts, read 1,442 times

Advertisements

We are a recent addition to Columbia area. We are in our 30th and have a toddler to keep us busy. We are looking to buy a townhouse. We found a property that we absolutely love. But I am not in love with the schools assigned to the property. It is assigned to the following schools:

Bryant Woods Elementary School
Wilde Lake Middle School
Wilde Lake High School

I looked through grades, reviews, reports and while these schools compare well to the schools in the city and Baltimore county they are not the best in Howard county. Few reviews labeled Bryant Woods as ghetto school.

Are there parents whose kids are going to these schools? What are your impressions? Are you happy? Do you recommend them? Do you like teachers? Are their responsible and responsive to your concerns? What's your honest input/advice?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 10:13 PM

1 posts, read 644 times
Sorry to bump an older post, I know it may be a little late. But was browsing through and saw this. As a 2001 graduate of Wilde Lake High School, with a brother who graduated in 2004, I'd figure I'd share an out of date experience there. It was considered a "ghetto" school when I went there as well, even though it had recently been renovated (they tore down the entire school, except the gym, and built a brand new building). But a major part of that was purely due to its location in Columbia. By Columbia's definition it was heavily minority, and more troublesome. While there may have been the occasional fight, it put plenty of kids into plenty of good colleges. Most of the bigger trouble in the county in terms of drugs and whatnot while I was there happened at the wealthier/better schools. I cannot speak to the current environment, but just figured I would offer my experience up for consideration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
View detailed profiles of: