U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2016, 07:06 PM

1 posts, read 894 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am moving to Columbia from out-of-state next month for a new job. I've never been to Columbia before in my life. The office I will be working at is on the south side of Columbia but they are building a new one in Maple Lawn. I'd prefer to have as short of a drive as possible to work. I have a 50 pound dog but other than that it's just me. So a 1BR is fine. I'm budgeting about $1500 to $1800 a month for rent.

Right now Stonehaven Apartments is probably the one I'm most interested in (stonehavenaptliving.com) mostly because they have good reviews and the location is good for me.

I've also been watching condo/townhouse rentals on zillow. These look nice to me. I've seen multiple, similar rentals in the same neighborhoods of both of these examples.

zillow.com/b/7573-Weather-Worn-Way-Columbia-MD/39.165654,-76.867211_ll/
zillow.com/homedetails/9244-Pirates-Cv-Columbia-MD-21046/37058607_zpid/

If anyone out there has experience with areas of Columbia, I would greatly appreciate your feedback. I'm pretty much relying on pictures. I'm also very open to suggestions of other nice places to live that I might be interested in.

Thanks,
Joey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2016, 11:02 AM

233 posts, read 229,740 times
Hi Joey!

Columbia has a TON apartments and probably a decent amount of townhouse rentals in your price point. At your $ range, if your considering 1/2 bed apartments you'll be in nice communities! The issue you may run across is having a 50lb dog (and a much harder time if it's a Bully breed). So that's where I'd start with! Your commute wont be much if you live and work in the area including maple lawn- since it's within the same county.

Stonehaven would be a good option, since it's so close to everything. Do you have any other amenities you'd like (pool, community gym, reserved parking)? Do you want to be near anything in particular (shopping, restaurants, mall , walking/bike paths, lakes, dog park or one of the many highways)? There are SO MANY options here, it's hard to just toss out a suggestions.

Let me know more, and I'm happy to help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland