Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 09:53 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,963,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
Of course Cockeysville has break-ins

April 13 to 14: Second Degree Burglary, 1700 Block of York Road 21093

It took me 3 seconds on google to find one last month. Also there aren't "too many people" where you are to be robbed.

April 10: Robbery, 100 Block of Cranbrook Road 21030

It may be hard for you to believe, but the same types of crimes happen pretty much everywhere, it is just an issue of how often. Cockeysville is a fine place from what I know, but it ain't Mayberry either. Nowhere is.
Breakins can happen anywhere. You make it sound like the sky is falling. And the 1700 Block of York RD? WTF is that? Right by the Light Rail. It's not Cockeysville.

And helicopters fly over head once in a while looking for people I assume getting off the light rail committing crimes.

And their was a problem with it because law enforcement started to get a bit carried away.

I was cycling one night and these idiots were flying overhead with a spotlight on me. They stopped me and realized I wasn't who they were looking for. I had an attorney contact Precinct 7, and I am sure others had issues.
But still on York RD you will have problems. Some vagrants when seasons change. Thats been going on forever.

You go a mile east of the 1700 Block, and you will be pressed to find breakins. and you are getting into a great area.

And selling a cell phone online, and the seller meets somebody, and they take the phone? You are reaching. And where is that one. Right by Rossbrook Apts. A ****hole!

Almost all the problems are by Rossbrook apts . I live at the bottom of Cranbrook, I know this area very well.
Interesting, how many breaking in the houses, which are very nice right by Rossbrook that are across from Delaney?

People have been breaking into those APT's for ever. But you get down where I am closer to Greenside and I don't see one.
And where are all the drugs?
I have lived here forever. The problems are minimal at best.

Last edited by Digger 68; 05-03-2016 at 10:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2016, 11:20 AM

7,011 posts, read 11,304,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger 68 View Post
Breakins can happen anywhere. You make it sound like the sky is falling. And the 1700 Block of York RD? WTF is that? Right by the Light Rail. It's not Cockeysville.

And helicopters fly over head once in a while looking for people I assume getting off the light rail committing crimes.

And their was a problem with it because law enforcement started to get a bit carried away.

I was cycling one night and these idiots were flying overhead with a spotlight on me. They stopped me and realized I wasn't who they were looking for. I had an attorney contact Precinct 7, and I am sure others had issues.
But still on York RD you will have problems. Some vagrants when seasons change. Thats been going on forever.

You go a mile east of the 1700 Block, and you will be pressed to find breakins. and you are getting into a great area.

And selling a cell phone online, and the seller meets somebody, and they take the phone? You are reaching. And where is that one. Right by Rossbrook Apts. A ****hole!

Almost all the problems are by Rossbrook apts . I live at the bottom of Cranbrook, I know this area very well.
Interesting, how many breaking in the houses, which are very nice right by Rossbrook that are across from Delaney?

People have been breaking into those APT's for ever. But you get down where I am closer to Greenside and I don't see one.
And where are all the drugs?
I have lived here forever. The problems are minimal at best.
Lol dude. Nowhere is a crime free bubble, and a local can explain away any crime they want with platitudes like "well, of course that would happen THERE on that THAT street." You act as though you are enlightening the world by pointing out your community is like every other in that there are better parts of town and worse parts of town. Don't make outrageous claims that certain crimes don't happen in your town and you don't have to respond to the evidence that clearly shows your naivety.

Back to first principle. What are you contributing to this conversation? Harford County is redneck and Carroll County is good? Both places have lots of rural white people, both counties have good and bad places. Both places have drugs. I'll add again that the majority of communities in these two counties are good, safe places to live (like Cumberland and Cockeysville for that matter) but no place is going to be drug free, and Carroll County specifically has perceived themselves to have a problem with drugs for almost 20 years now.

That's what OP asked about, that's why I answered. Make sense?

Old 05-04-2016, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
Lol dude. Nowhere is a crime free bubble, and a local can explain away any crime they want with platitudes like "well, of course that would happen THERE on that THAT street." You act as though you are enlightening the world by pointing out your community is like every other in that there are better parts of town and worse parts of town. Don't make outrageous claims that certain crimes don't happen in your town and you don't have to respond to the evidence that clearly shows your naivety.

Back to first principle. What are you contributing to this conversation? Harford County is redneck and Carroll County is good? Both places have lots of rural white people, both counties have good and bad places. Both places have drugs. I'll add again that the majority of communities in these two counties are good, safe places to live (like Cumberland and Cockeysville for that matter) but no place is going to be drug free, and Carroll County specifically has perceived themselves to have a problem with drugs for almost 20 years now.

That's what OP asked about, that's why I answered. Make sense?
Yes, even folks from Harford County consider it Redneckville.

I am not under some illusion that there is some crime free bubble. I have never encountered the problems you mention. Nor do I know anybody that has. And have lived here long enough to know the area.

One time when I was a kid in Towson when we lived on Oak RD, around 1972, we returned home and my Father thought somebody had broken into the house. I can't remember how he contacted the police, but they were there very quickly, and I remember a police officer running around the back of the house with a shotgun. They never found anybody. And I don't think there was a breakin.

That is an awful area now. And a few blocks south even worse. Around Hillendale is terrible. Completely fine when I was kid. But not anymore.

Again, some of the best places to live in Maryland are the places I have listed. Easy to get around.
Easier to get around than almost anywhere in the United States. And they are nice. And very desirable.

The worst area is probably where I am off of Cranbrook RD. Way to many apts that are hated by the community.
Still laughing. Many people if I took a picture of my backyard would think this Mayberry. It is a townhouse so not quite.

It's almost stunning. People from all over the world. Wasn't like that even 15 years ago.

Funny thing is in many ways the area has improved, and especially the Apts that are near me are very clean.
The loss of the area's rural look which was still prevalent in many areas when I was a kid is a disappointment.

Will they ever leave a field, a field for once.

Old 05-04-2016, 02:08 PM

7,011 posts, read 11,304,621 times
Quote:
Yes, even folks from Harford County consider it Redneckville.

I am not under some illusion that there is some crime free bubble. I have never encountered the problems you mention. Nor do I know anybody that has. And have lived here long enough to know the area.

One time when I was a kid in Towson when we lived on Oak RD, around 1972, we returned home and my Father thought somebody had broken into the house. I can't remember how he contacted the police, but they were there very quickly, and I remember a police officer running around the back of the house with a shotgun. They never found anybody. And I don't think there was a breakin.

That is an awful area now. And a few blocks south even worse. Around Hillendale is terrible. Completely fine when I was kid. But not anymore.

Again, some of the best places to live in Maryland are the places I have listed. Easy to get around.
Easier to get around than almost anywhere in the United States. And they are nice. And very desirable.

The worst area is probably where I am off of Cranbrook RD. Way to many apts that are hated by the community.
Still laughing. Many people if I took a picture of my backyard would think this Mayberry. It is a townhouse so not quite.

It's almost stunning. People from all over the world. Wasn't like that even 15 years ago.

Funny thing is in many ways the area has improved, and especially the Apts that are near me are very clean.
The loss of the area's rural look which was still prevalent in many areas when I was a kid is a disappointment.

Will they ever leave a field, a field for once.
Sure, and I've never had a police copter come down and spotlight me either In my world, that's weird. Having some struggling poor people turn to drugs and end up as petty criminals is sadly pretty common.

And for the record, I have never been the victim of a worse crime than people throwing litter in my yard. Having an active burglar in your neighborhood is still a worry though, and it ended up being drug related, so I thought it worth mentioning to the OP.

Old 05-23-2016, 07:32 PM

The Police followed me in the sky, but a cruiser approached me on the ground. They were quite quick about it. Here I am on a vintage Bianchi road bike, and it was winter. I think they realized they were kind of dumb about it.
A great area for Cycling, but Maryland is not committed to Cyclists, until some careless rube kills one.
And this area is just to affluent.

Okay,the grass looks much fuller now than when this picture was taken. and for the Winter, sorry my camera's reflection on the glass

Old 05-26-2016, 05:56 AM

789 posts, read 1,095,900 times
Quote:
The Police followed me in the sky, but a cruiser approached me on the ground. They were quite quick about it. Here I am on a vintage Bianchi road bike, and it was winter. I think they realized they were kind of dumb about it.
A great area for Cycling, but Maryland is not committed to Cyclists, until some careless rube kills one.
And this area is just to affluent.
You have a very interesting world view.

Old 05-27-2016, 04:05 PM

8 posts, read 13,694 times
I have friends from Sykesville, Woodbine, etc. South Carroll and Century High Schools are both very nice. They're rural, but they serve from middle class to upper middle class kids.

You'll find drugs at every school. Howard County despite being more affluent will still have them. If you work closer to Carroll, I would personally go for living there simply because you could get a quality home for cheaper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland