Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 08:42 PM

35 posts, read 56,801 times

Advertisements

Michael Johansen committed burglary fled and lived to see another day. Michael Johansen is a white male, admitted drug addict, but his life really really really maters. The cop that shot Johansen recently was convicted of assault with two of his own officers testifying against him. Freddie Gray led police on a chase, still to this day we don't know why they chased him? We do know he was able to run before being caught by police. Somehow someway Gray lost his ability to run in police custody and as we all know later died. No officers convicted in his death, but yet Baltimore City can somehow find a way to convict a white police who shot a white burglar who manages to survive. Shaking my head. This is why people say #blacklivesmatter!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2016, 06:49 AM

318 posts, read 761,923 times
You cannot compare two vastly different arrests that include the use of force, then throw race in there and expect it to come out "equal". There are countless examples nationwide of cops getting convicted and cops not getting convicted of crimes when an incident is deemed controversial -- regardless of the defendant's race.

And please explain to me how white privilege was a factor in the Freddie Gray case when everyone involved to include the officers, prosecutor and the judge were black?

Old 08-12-2016, 08:33 AM

35 posts, read 56,801 times
The blacks that were involved work for a system set up by whites. If you are an expert, why was Freddie Gray chased to begin with?

Old 08-12-2016, 09:31 AM

45,330 posts, read 60,500,026 times
The stated reason was that he spotted the officers and ran away. Which makes sense as a convicted felon on parole for drug dealing hanging out in a known drug market area.

Had he not bolted none of this would have happened. And as a frequent flier he was likely well known to the beat cops.

Old 08-12-2016, 09:33 AM

318 posts, read 761,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j236 View Post
The blacks that were involved work for a system set up by whites. If you are an expert, why was Freddie Gray chased to begin with?
That sounds like a blanket go-to answer that can be used in almost any incident when you cannot come up with an intelligent or logical conclusion.

I'm not an expert, and I haven't followed the trial or the evidence/testimony enough to give you an educated opinion. However it seems like your mind is made up and you are looking to rant than to have a enlightening discussion so I would be wasting time commenting.

Old 08-16-2016, 11:46 AM

1,114 posts, read 1,486,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The stated reason was that he spotted the officers and ran away. Which makes sense as a convicted felon on parole for drug dealing hanging out in a known drug market area.

Had he not bolted none of this would have happened. And as a frequent flier he was likely well known to the beat cops.
Not true. As we have seen in past killings, people doing less "intimating" things than 'running' like, selling CDs, selling loose cigarettes, walking, laughing, walking up a stair way, identifying themselves as have an open carry license, all were killed for those actions. Walter Scott ran because he was afraid and he was in arrears for child support and thought he'd be arrested, Freddie Gray probably ran because he had recent run ins and was in drug area. Does this mean all these people should be dead?

In a recent event, a young man shot at cops in Richmond, was mentally challenged, was given a cell phone to use sent to him by a robot and it all ended very peacefully. Why didn't this happen with Korryn Gaines? It is privilege and we all know it is.

Last year in 2015, no cops were convicted of any fatal shootings of people, black or white or ANYONE. There were over 1000 fatal shootings in 2015. Cagle case is rare in that the other two cops testified for the prosecution, and the victim did not die.

Last edited by choccity; 08-16-2016 at 12:05 PM..

Old 08-16-2016, 12:21 PM

45,330 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choccity View Post
Not true. As we have seen in past killings, people doing less "intimating" things than 'running' like, selling CDs, selling loose cigarettes, walking, laughing, walking up a stair way, identifying themselves as have an open carry license, all were killed for those actions. Walter Scott ran because he was afraid and he was in arrears for child support and thought he'd be arrested, Freddie Gray probably ran because he had recent run ins and was in drug area. Does this mean all these people should be dead?

In a recent event, a young man shot at cops in Richmond, was mentally challenged, was given a cell phone to use sent to him by a robot and it all ended very peacefully. Why didn't this happen with Korryn Gaines? It is privilege and we all know it is.

Last year in 2015, no cops were convicted of any fatal shootings of people, black or white or ANYONE. There were over 1000 fatal shootings in 2015. Cagle case is rare in that the other two cops testified for the prosecution, and the victim did not die.
Exactly what was untrue. Did he start running when he saw the police? Yes. Was he a convicted felon, a drug dealer, in a known drug market? Yes. Did the beat cops know him? Yes.

Old 08-17-2016, 11:10 AM

1,616 posts, read 1,806,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choccity View Post
Not true. As we have seen in past killings, people doing less "intimating" things than 'running' like, selling CDs, selling loose cigarettes, walking, laughing, walking up a stair way, identifying themselves as have an open carry license, all were killed for those actions. Walter Scott ran because he was afraid and he was in arrears for child support and thought he'd be arrested, Freddie Gray probably ran because he had recent run ins and was in drug area. Does this mean all these people should be dead? no but it doesn’t make my day any different. I will say the police are fully responsible for the bmores mans death, and i dont care if some trick ran from the police people do it everyday and dont get shot. it happened its over.

In a recent event, a young man shot at cops in Richmond, was mentally challenged, was given a cell phone to use sent to him by a robot and it all ended very peacefully. Why didn't this happen with Korryn Gaines? It is privilege and we all know it is.theres privilage i agree but every situation is handled differently. and gaines was a true ratchety ass bytc who wanted to die and kill police. lol dont even bring her up homie

thats were the problem is the police dont tell the people they need to work with their community more, get to know their community. sorry but they won’t stop doing there job, i believe in accepting responsibility nd i won’t be one of the dead ones cuz i do me everyday

ok i really hate getting into this type of wack ass topics but you really dont get it. you dont get it. you even bring the crazy lady gaines into this. she wanted to kill cops and it played out the way it did.

i was raised in the hood. people dont trust the police cuz they are taught at a young age the police are no good. its true theres racism and problem in some police depts. but there something called being realistic and having common sense which nobody can have right now. thiese killings happen a lot in the hood and people are sick of it. but theres no community outreach or trust to bring it down wit the police or the people. no responsibility from the police or the people. nothings getting accomplished here with all the hate. thats what this is all about hate.

Old 08-17-2016, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Exactly what was untrue. Did he start running when he saw the police? Yes. Was he a convicted felon, a drug dealer, in a known drug market? Yes. Did the beat cops know him? Yes.

is like lets believe everything we hear

Old 08-17-2016, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j236 View Post
Michael Johansen committed burglary fled and lived to see another day. Michael Johansen is a white male, admitted drug addict, but his life really really really maters. The cop that shot Johansen recently was convicted of assault with two of his own officers testifying against him. Freddie Gray led police on a chase, still to this day we don't know why they chased him? We do know he was able to run before being caught by police. Somehow someway Gray lost his ability to run in police custody and as we all know later died. No officers convicted in his death, but yet Baltimore City can somehow find a way to convict a white police who shot a white burglar who manages to survive. Shaking my head. This is why people say #blacklivesmatter!
whatever just keep talking .. its not that your completely wrong but you just dont get it. hate is what u represent here. keep stirring it up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland