Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 06:25 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,604,273 times

Advertisements

Both site plans — located on the north and south sides of the proposed Arnett Drive along Sharpsburg Pike — were approved in September by the Washington County Planning Commission.

The 4,250-square-foot convenience store, including two fueling canopies with a total of 22 pumps and a car wash, would be built on 2.25 acres north of Arnett Drive, with the 2,030-square-foot restaurant proposed on a 1.23-acre site to the south, the planning documents show.

Eatery, gas station approved near new Wal-Mart south of Hagerstown | Local News | heraldmailmedia.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2016, 06:32 PM

This is how the site is expected to look at full build-out:

Old 11-01-2016, 05:16 PM

461 posts, read 1,283,698 times
I think it's a Popeyes and a High's Convenience Store. Nothing to get excited about yet. Hoping for a Costco and Cabala's down there....that's been the rumor for a while.

Old 11-01-2016, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownterp View Post
I think it's a Popeyes and a High's Convenience Store. Nothing to get excited about yet. Hoping for a Costco and Cabala's down there....that's been the rumor for a while.
Those are good guesses on the fast food place and convenience store, but as you said, they aren't that exciting.

The Costco and Cabela's were proposed in a number of developments on Hagerstown's South side, all of which have met some kind of insurmountable hurdle. This Walmart development is more geared toward restaurants and small retailers, so I don't think we'll see a Cabela's or Costco on this property.

Old 11-02-2016, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Those are good guesses on the fast food place and convenience store, but as you said, they aren't that exciting.

The Costco and Cabela's were proposed in a number of developments on Hagerstown's South side, all of which have met some kind of insurmountable hurdle. This Walmart development is more geared toward restaurants and small retailers, so I don't think we'll see a Cabela's or Costco on this property.
Yeah, I agree. I don't think I've ever seen a Wal-Mart in the same shopping center as a Costco or a Cabela's. \

Do you think the Friendship Marketplace is still a go the next exit down on I-70?

Hagerstown MD: Friendship Marketplace - Retail Space For Lease - KLNB Retail

I don't see both being built...

Old 11-03-2016, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I agree. I don't think I've ever seen a Wal-Mart in the same shopping center as a Costco or a Cabela's. \

Do you think the Friendship Marketplace is still a go the next exit down on I-70?

Hagerstown MD: Friendship Marketplace - Retail Space For Lease - KLNB Retail

I don't see both being built...
The listing for Friendship Marketplace hasn't changed in a long time, so I'm not really sure. I think I read somewhere that the property is zoned for light industrial/business use, not retail, so the property might have to be rezoned if that's truly the case.

I'm also skeptical about this project due to the three other large retail developments on Hagerstown's South side that were denied previously (One along Poffenberger Rd., one off Landis Rd., and one that connected to Sharrett Auto's property). Because Hagerstown is currently limited in where retail may expand, that may be why Valley Mall has been so successful as of late.

Old 11-08-2017, 06:13 PM

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/18330...wn-MD/4371364/

Looks like Dunkin Donuts, Taco Bell, and Aldi have been added across the street. Still holding out hope for a Costco.

Old 11-09-2017, 03:25 PM

Quote:
http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/18330...wn-MD/4371364/

Looks like Dunkin Donuts, Taco Bell, and Aldi have been added across the street. Still holding out hope for a Costco.
Wow. That area is quickly becoming one of Hagerstown's major retail districts.

Old 11-09-2017, 03:27 PM

It's about time too. Hagerstown's retail districts seem to be heavily concentrated on the Western side.

Old 11-09-2017, 03:30 PM

According to the site plan, it looks like there is at least one larger roadway leading into the field behind the Walmart store. I wonder who owns that parcel? That may be a viable place for more retail, such as Costco, Bass Pro, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland