Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 06:16 AM

76 posts, read 87,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
I'm not sure what kind of drugs you're on but I want some.
You know, numbers are numbers, number of uninsured becoming insured is just counting (though in the interest of full disclosure- it's under 30 million so far, over 20 million is how many have actually gained insurance. 30's the expected numbers if allowed to continue), so I don't know how you think drugs could affect things.

Heck, repealing it would leave up to 59 million uninsured (Forbes, a business-oriented source).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2017, 07:00 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,100,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroiaSD View Post
You know, numbers are numbers, number of uninsured becoming insured is just counting (though in the interest of full disclosure- it's under 30 million so far, over 20 million is how many have actually gained insurance. 30's the expected numbers if allowed to continue), so I don't know how you think drugs could affect things.

Heck, repealing it would leave up to 59 million uninsured (Forbes, a business-oriented source).
Yes, 20 million is the number that I hear most often. That's a 33% drop from your initial claim of 30 million.

In-so-far as premiums go, the only segment of the population not seeing wild increase in their premiums are those receiving subsidies.

"The Obama administration acknowledged on Monday that premiums for health care plans created under the president’s signature Affordable Care Act will rise substantially next year — another hiccup for the law, also known as “Obamacare.”"

Why Health Care Premiums Are Rising Under Obamacare - ABC News

Old 01-01-2017, 01:13 PM

76 posts, read 87,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Yes, 20 million is the number that I hear most often. That's a 33% drop from your initial claim of 30 million.
It's still plenty to show that it's helping- and there is plenty of reason to believe it'd hit 30, such as that only some states have kicked in the medicare expansion and even more reluctant ones have been looking to do so- well, assuming it still exists.

Quote:
In-so-far as premiums go, the only segment of the population not seeing wild increase in their premiums are those receiving subsidies.
The rate of rise before Obamacare was still above the post-Obamacare rise.

Obamacare isn't gonna stop it rising period, you'd need a much more drastic program for that.

Old 01-03-2017, 07:27 AM

37,875 posts, read 41,890,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snatale1 View Post
AH YES!!!!!! The "crime bill" that tried to make legal gun owners felons, created a rifle black market and watched gun crime fo UP for a decade! Good Job Bubba!
I'm not arguing that it was a perfect law by any means, but it counters the whole "Democrats do nothing about crime" argument.

Old 01-21-2017, 02:58 PM

675 posts, read 722,895 times
All the Democrats care for in Maryland is that they have a middle class to tax. Democratic politicians have done nothing about middle class wages, the high cost of living in Maryland and the high taxes. they have done little to nothing about crime which increases unabated. Democrats meet and talk, meet and tad talk meet and talk. ad nauseum. They accomplish little and they know it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland