Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 05:02 AM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeCPA View Post
If you're saying just because blacks call each other that it's ok for whites or other non-blacks to do the same it's such a ridiculous attempt at justification I don't think I can even argue with you if that comment is any indication of your intelligence level. I really hate when people use that particular argument, mostly because it shows a total lack of anything but superficial thinking. Personally I don't think anyone should use that word but to say that blacks using the word is equivalent to whites using the word is just inane.
Absolutely. That argument never, ever, never had any legs to it.

I hope with get more responses. I am really finding the opening post hard to believe. Wait isn't the OP the poster who is constantly criticizing the state of Maryland? I don't hang here much anymore. If this is the same poster I can see now why he would make such an outlandish claim

Old 01-14-2017, 05:33 AM

4,010 posts, read 3,749,903 times
Quote:
If you're saying just because blacks call each other that it's ok for whites or other non-blacks to do the same it's such a ridiculous attempt at justification I don't think I can even argue with you if that comment is any indication of your intelligence level. I really hate when people use that particular argument, mostly because it shows a total lack of anything but superficial thinking. Personally I don't think anyone should use that word but to say that blacks using the word is equivalent to whites using the word is just inane.
I agree. If they feel its ok because some blacks say it I would highly recommend them going to North Ave and saying it to the guys hanging out at the corner and see what happens

Old 01-14-2017, 05:47 AM

2,991 posts, read 4,286,774 times
Quote:
You're nor into subtlety, are you? Think about it some more . . .

Old 01-14-2017, 07:30 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,254,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
My personal estimation, I would say over 500 times in my 40+ years.
So, that's roughly once a month (at least). Where have you been hangin' out?

Old 01-14-2017, 09:13 AM

1,616 posts, read 1,806,228 times
Quote:
Yah right

Old 01-14-2017, 10:19 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,795,620 times
I lived in MD for 15 years and never called anyone the N word. I didn't do it in any other state either.

Old 01-15-2017, 05:59 AM

I think we have determined by now that Infinate_Heights is completely full of crap, as if that was not evident long ago. We get it, you don't like Maryland. But why you felt the need to come here and claim that you have been called the N word once a month for 40 years says a whole lot more about you than it does the people of Maryland,

Old 01-17-2017, 08:29 AM

11 posts, read 9,664 times
I'm not black (i'm brown)
one time me and some friends were referred to as "a bunch of N..." by a senile man.
that's it.
It wasn't in Maryland though.

Old 01-18-2017, 02:33 PM

8,223 posts, read 13,338,852 times
Quote:

Just curious on the situation in which you were called this? Was if from a pick up truck window as you were walking down the street.. or some guy in your face at a Bar.. or in line for an Os Game? Typically if someone uses this term "in your face" they are certainly attempting to draw you into a physical confrontation versus a yahoo speeding by that knows that there would be little repercussion. Then there is the whole colloquialism argument which I don't think is justified either but persists nonetheless

Old 01-19-2017, 04:22 AM

Notice how the OP has not returned to his own thread to answer the critics? Shocker.

Many AA's still don't get it. You can't just throw out the race card when it does not apply. It dilutes the power and causes some to roll their eyes and dismiss it in other instances when it actually does apply. It is crying wolf and it is very irresponsible.

I have no doubt the OP has been called the N word. But once a month, every month, for 40 years? Give me a king sized break.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland