Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 08:19 AM

1,538 posts, read 2,304,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Thanks for the clarification, sorry if I misrepresented your position. And of course racism is not exclusive to white, not sure that is the liberal position. Being a card carrying liberal myself I can assure you it is not portrayed that way in our secret meetings.
You. Are. Killing. Me. Too funny

Old 01-25-2017, 09:49 AM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
No, not from the same person and this expands over a 40+ year process. I'm talking about straight up and down, in-yo face Archie Bunker type bigotry.
There is some Archie Bunker type bigotry in Maryland. I have seen it. However, to tell you the truth, I have seen racial hostility from non-white Marylanders as well.

Fortunately, most people I've known in this state don't fall into either of these categories.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:01 AM

2,657 posts, read 1,375,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InchingWest View Post
It's not. No one does that. More likely been called "the N word" zero times in his life by White people (though probably thousands of times by other blacks).

I'd be amazed if it were actually once, and utterly astounded if it were twice or more.

"White oppression" is just a media driven, university driven, and politically driven narrative. Where is it? Please tell me where and when this is happening.

Are White people going into black neighborhoods and wrecking the place, beating people up, knifing and shooting people? Are Whites driving down the street waiving guns and shooting people as they drive by?

Are Whites rolling into town to loot shops, rape women, carjack motorists, or burn houses down?

If so please inform me where and when or how that is happening on any kind of scale.
Been reading a lot of right wing literature of late?

Old 01-25-2017, 10:51 AM

4,505 posts, read 4,615,442 times
Quote:
Lol! Now, that is funny! White hegemony and menticidal negroes mind frame and thought-processes are so predictable! Why do I have to be doing something that causes them to behavior and act out in this manner??! Historically speaking, with ample enough empirical evidence, a Black man or woman have been called n-words by whites just walking down the street minding their own business.

I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time believing you've been called the "n" word 500 times by 500 different white people. It doesn't ring true to me. For one thing, most white people are not in the habit of talking like that because they know that word would just get them in trouble so they don't make it a part of their vocabulary. They don't even teach their kids to use it. Don't get me wrong. The "n" word does get said by some white people but only when they are around other non-black people, but the vast majority of white people don't use the "n" word. I hear the "n" used more by Hispanics and Asians than white people.

Another thing to consider, I think you would have a hard time finding 500 white people who would have the nerve to call a black person the "n" word to their face because they know if they do that, there's a good chance there's they'll get beat-up.

For those reasons, I'm not buying you're story. Interesting thread, though.

Old 01-25-2017, 01:06 PM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Maybe the OP lives in an area that is predominantly working-class white.

If a black family lives around Frederick, for example, I wouldn't be that surprised if they were called the n-word by a number of the white residents there.

Old 01-25-2017, 01:46 PM

45,379 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Once, but it was by a Black kid. Does that count?

Old 01-25-2017, 01:47 PM

45,379 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Maybe the OP lives in an area that is predominantly working-class white.

If a black family lives around Frederick, for example, I wouldn't be that surprised if they were called the n-word by a number of the white residents there.

In my experience upper class Whites are way more likely to drop the word.

Old 01-25-2017, 05:19 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,474,807 times
When will ih77 or Dr.Forbes just admit: Two different handles, same person.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:15 AM

2,991 posts, read 4,289,465 times
Quote:

Why are so concerned with how many times Black people call me the N-word? Don't deflect the conversation and try to flip this discussion around.
Why, he asks. Well, here's a thought. Suppose that whites and blacks both really do call you the N-word. Just suppose. As they used to say, if it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck . . .

Old 01-26-2017, 08:17 AM

2,991 posts, read 4,289,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
When will ih77 or Dr.Forbes just admit: Two different handles, same person.
Now, there's a thought. Agent 77 is my old friend, in a cyberspace sense, but I can assure you that we really are not the same person. I would not be able create such a character even if I wanted to. Perhaps he might comment on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland