Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 09:56 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,422,588 times

Advertisements

Why are y'all still talking about this?!!

LOL! I would have figured this thread would have been locked down by now.

Old 01-26-2017, 10:21 AM

45,369 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
Why are y'all still talking about this?!!

LOL! I would have figured this thread would have been locked down by now.
Let me put it this way, it's like a trainwreck where you know you should look away but can't.

Not that I'm saying you're a trainwreck or anything.

Old 01-26-2017, 10:24 AM

It goes to show where people's attention are focused on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Let me put it this way, it's like a trainwreck where you know you should look away but can't.

Old 01-26-2017, 10:28 AM

27,560 posts, read 28,652,113 times
Quote:
In my experience upper class Whites are way more likely to drop the word.
In my experience, affluent people of all races are more subtle.

Working-class people actually say things that affluent people are feeling inside but consider it inappropriate to say out loud.

Old 01-26-2017, 10:31 AM

45,369 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
In my experience, affluent people of all races are more subtle.

Working-class people actually say things that affluent people are feeling inside but consider it inappropriate to say out loud.
You're probably right, I hear "the wrong people" a lot.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:04 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,408,335 times
This may be a fist. A poster starts a thread about a very controversial topic with an outrageous claim, disappears for a week and a half and then after returning he now wonders why we are talking about the subject he introduced in his own thread. Really? You throw a bomb into the room and can't understand why others want to discuss your ridiculous claim?

Old 03-16-2017, 07:30 AM

46 posts, read 64,676 times
Race baiting thread.
Move along.

Old 03-20-2017, 05:46 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,032,927 times
Maryland was a slave state and part of the south in spirit, even if the state never was able to secede. While most of the obvious hatred has died off, it still lingers around Maryland. For one thing, the Klan is supposedly still active, though I can't say I've heard about them marching around on the news or anything. More insidious, however, are those who blend into what people think is a state that has progressed beyond that idiocy.

I've lived in MD for well over a decade, and while bigotry is rare in most places, it is still common in some areas. I worked at a place for awhile as a CAM engineer, and the old timers there were the most hate-filled, bigoted stereotypical "white trash rednecks" you could imagine. The two worst of them ruled over the mess of the department in which I was in with an iron fist. Their first goal was always to sabotage any new employees (to protect themselves), and their second was to pass the buck to everyone else to cover for their marginal skills. Neither one of them could go a week - or often even a day - without spewing venom about "those N-words," while similarly spewing hatred about gays, Mexicans, Muslims, etc. They often loudly wished "somebody would kill them all" and it went downhill from there.

These two clowns were just horrible human beings and did everything, including: having an office affair while married, bringing a gun to work without telling anyone (to show it off), promoting the violent behavior of their son (felony assault, conspiracy to commit murder, etc.) and even trying to recruit me into the KKK by pulling me aside one day and telling me - completely out of nowhere - how "the 1st Amendment protects what the Klan does to blacks." By the time I left there, it was clear one of them was a gun-waving Klansman, and I later the learned the other served time in prison for a violent offence - just like what his son was aiming to achieve.

Those were the worst of the lot there, but the place was full of that crap. So, when I blast right-wing extremists and bigots around these forums, it's because I've walked among them, I know exactly what they are capable of doing, and I know how far more common they are than most people understand. Maryland is a "blue state" - yet parts of it are blood red with those who'd love to commit violence.

Last edited by Rambler123; 03-20-2017 at 05:54 PM..

Old 03-25-2017, 01:34 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,963,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Maryland was a slave state and part of the south in spirit, even if the state never was able to secede. While most of the obvious hatred has died off, it still lingers around Maryland. For one thing, the Klan is supposedly still active, though I can't say I've heard about them marching around on the news or anything. More insidious, however, are those who blend into what people think is a state that has progressed beyond that idiocy.

I've lived in MD for well over a decade, and while bigotry is rare in most places, it is still common in some areas. I worked at a place for awhile as a CAM engineer, and the old timers there were the most hate-filled, bigoted stereotypical "white trash rednecks" you could imagine. The two worst of them ruled over the mess of the department in which I was in with an iron fist. Their first goal was always to sabotage any new employees (to protect themselves), and their second was to pass the buck to everyone else to cover for their marginal skills. Neither one of them could go a week - or often even a day - without spewing venom about "those N-words," while similarly spewing hatred about gays, Mexicans, Muslims, etc. They often loudly wished "somebody would kill them all" and it went downhill from there.

These two clowns were just horrible human beings and did everything, including: having an office affair while married, bringing a gun to work without telling anyone (to show it off), promoting the violent behavior of their son (felony assault, conspiracy to commit murder, etc.) and even trying to recruit me into the KKK by pulling me aside one day and telling me - completely out of nowhere - how "the 1st Amendment protects what the Klan does to blacks." By the time I left there, it was clear one of them was a gun-waving Klansman, and I later the learned the other served time in prison for a violent offence - just like what his son was aiming to achieve.

Those were the worst of the lot there, but the place was full of that crap. So, when I blast right-wing extremists and bigots around these forums, it's because I've walked among them, I know exactly what they are capable of doing, and I know how far more common they are than most people understand. Maryland is a "blue state" - yet parts of it are blood red with those who'd love to commit violence.
Most of this goes on whether race is involved or not. And a "Cam Engineer" involves many blue collar workers?

Old 03-27-2017, 03:39 PM

Has this train wrecked already?!!!

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland