Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2017, 04:59 PM

2 posts, read 2,537 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I was recently let go from my job without notice and for no reason given. I had the interview on the phone with the UI officer and they stated multiple reasons the employer listed for termination, none of which are true and "unexcused absences" were excused but because the were not even in the state and only returned to fire me without asking or giving me a chance to present all medical notes.

Either way the final reason they listed as the determining factor was that the alarm was not set when I left the office and the office would be closed for the next 2 weeks. The UI officer asked only about this and asked what happened and if it was a noted policy. I said no policy exists and that the alarm was set but upon getting a phone call while i was still in the parking lot from the owner saying it is not on, i turned around to double check and they said "no problem, we can set it from our phone." So I continued on my way and apologized, even though I know it was set just 2 minutes before they called.
The UI officer said that was all he needed and didnt need an explanation about the other remarks as the final straw so to say is what is considered.

Is this true? I am worried bc I offered to explain any other circumstances they listed and provide email and doctors notes. He said he did not need it.

Should I be worried?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
View detailed profiles of: