U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 05:03 AM

2,043 posts, read 2,507,341 times

Advertisements

Thinking of taking a trip this summer to Annapolis - July, Aug, Sept or Oct. What would be the best month to visit - i.e., moderate temps - not scorching hot or freezing cold or high humidity - and with the least chance of rain? Just looking for good walking around weather.

We live in Charleston, SC so know heat and humidity - here we don't do anything outside during the day in July/Aug/Sept. I think Annapolis temps are a bit cooler though, so hoping one of these months will work.

Haven't been to Annapolis is many years. Excited to see it again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2017, 06:27 AM

32,160 posts, read 39,250,114 times
End of September/beginning of October. The other tourists are pretty much gone, the Legislature isn't in session and it's cooler. City Dock is miserably hot in the summer, not so much later.

Old 06-03-2017, 07:11 AM

Thank you!

Old 06-06-2017, 11:20 AM

90 posts, read 66,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macalan View Post
Thinking of taking a trip this summer to Annapolis - July, Aug, Sept or Oct. What would be the best month to visit - i.e., moderate temps - not scorching hot or freezing cold or high humidity - and with the least chance of rain? Just looking for good walking around weather.

We live in Charleston, SC so know heat and humidity - here we don't do anything outside during the day in July/Aug/Sept. I think Annapolis temps are a bit cooler though, so hoping one of these months will work.

Haven't been to Annapolis is many years. Excited to see it again.
You could always get lucky in prime summer months with a cooler day (tomorrow it's supposed to be a high below 70!), but best bet is September or even October. We get some rain in early September where it's hurricane season further south, so late September or October may be ideal. If you can avoid a Saturday when Navy has a home football game, you'll be golden! Feel free to ask any other questions you have.

Old 06-06-2017, 03:29 PM

Thanks so much! Any recommendations for places to stay? We'd like to be able to walk to restaurants and shops.

Looking at possibly Historic Inns or Lowes.

Old 06-06-2017, 03:33 PM

32,160 posts, read 39,250,114 times
Annapolis is lousy with B&Bs and VRBOs.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:19 AM

Thank you, yes, I see that. I have scoured TripAdvisor, but sometimes locals know the real scoop of the best places/locations in the city to stay.

Old 06-07-2017, 06:24 AM

4,949 posts, read 4,655,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
End of September/beginning of October. The other tourists are pretty much gone, the Legislature isn't in session and it's cooler. City Dock is miserably hot in the summer, not so much later.
Also, the Naval Academy is in session. If you're going to visit the Yard, you want to go when the Mids will be there. I believe the P-rades are on Wednesday afternoon. Noon meal formation in front of Bancroft Hall is every day, and John Paul Jones' crypt is one of my favorite places in the Yard. The Naval Academy Museum has one of the best collections of model ships.

Old 06-07-2017, 07:17 AM

422 posts, read 175,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macalan View Post
Thanks so much! Any recommendations for places to stay? We'd like to be able to walk to restaurants and shops.

Looking at possibly Historic Inns or Lowes.

The Marriot downtown at the Harbor has the best for location,as for restaurants there are many,Rams Head Tavern(Live entertainment) and the Chart House are two I like.The time of year NBP recommended is spot on ...the one thing I would check on is if the Navel Academy has a home football game that weekend .

Old 06-08-2017, 06:54 AM

5,834 posts, read 3,775,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Beware of the boat shows, that time of year, unless you want to attend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or