Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 06:55 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,964,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Average sale price of this 45 is $7.99. There are 4 for sale starting at $67.48. Check back with them in a year and they'll probably have lowered their prices significantly. https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/4133963?ev=rb
I haven't been on here in a couple weeks and am already reading something posted by somebody who doesn't know anything about anything.
Discogs is a very weak market for an item like that. Ebay is where you sell that. Not discogs. Amusing, the prices being asked don't reflect those averages. Why, because many people have no idea what discogs is. But they know what Ebay is.
Also, and I knew this clueless poster didn't do this, if you actually login in to the site, (Yeah, you might want to register on the site before opening thy mouth) the sold versions were in really bad shape, and two of them were black label pressings. You're 7.99 is where those averages come from. Why? Probably because they did not have a listing for the Yellow Label DJ press, the seller may not have known, and taken the time to list it correctly. Or they did it on purpose to get more looks because the black label press without the picture sleeve is common.
The last thing you want to do is look at those averages. They aren't accurate for reasons posted above and other reasons that I don't need to post for the uninitiated. Same with completed listings on Ebay. Have to know the market.
I got a really good price on a Carla Bley Tropic Appetites CD Version because the seller didn't care. The record is common. There are instances where the CD is rarer, and more desirable than the original record. Yeah, people still collect CD's.

Last edited by Digger 68; 01-21-2018 at 07:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2018, 06:59 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,964,660 times
Here's another find I guess I will wait for another comment from the I know nothing crowd. It's not a pendant.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland