U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 10:19 PM

170 posts, read 86,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
See, isn't it amazing what you think that's incorrect?

You're proof positive that ignorance is bliss!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2017, 09:20 AM

5,098 posts, read 1,479,588 times
BWI (Friendship Airport) opened in 1950. I sympathize with those that bought before 1950, for the rest of you, buy some ear plugs.

Old 11-19-2017, 09:26 AM

32,177 posts, read 39,371,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunglo1 View Post
You're proof positive that ignorance is bliss!
I may be ignorant but I wasn't stupid enough to buy a house in the flight umbrella of a major international airport and then have the balls to complain about it.

As a note, the FAA sets flight paths and stacking patterns, not Larry Hogan.

Old 11-19-2017, 06:30 PM

Quote:
I may be ignorant but I wasn't stupid enough to buy a house in the flight umbrella of a major international airport and then have the balls to complain about it.

As a note, the FAA sets flight paths and stacking patterns, not Larry Hogan.
Well, I agree, you are ignorant about the situation and seems most other things ( a complete Idiot) ,but I live 20 + miles out and this wasn't an issue before because the air traffic has changed in my area. Gov Larry Hogan is going to have his AG ( that's Attorney General for you ) file suit against the FAA;nobody ever said he has the power to change air traffic around the area.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Well, I agree, you are ignorant about the situation and seems most other things ( a complete Idiot) ,but I live 20 + miles out and this wasn't an issue before because the air traffic has changed in my area. Gov Larry Hogan is going to have his AG ( that's Attorney General for you ) file suit against the FAA;nobody ever said he has the power to change air traffic around the area.
Bold talk.

Frosh may or may not file suit. He'll do what he thinks will politically hurt Hogan the most. Previous ones nationally have been unsuccessful, notwithstanding your Arizona example. The decision is on hold while the FAA holds more hearings, which is where the problem is, all the procedures weren't followed.

You are apparently unaware the seeds of this were planted more than thirty years ago when it was decided to turn BWI into a regional hub.

There were hearings for several years about it at all levels. The fact that the State was pushing it as an economic driver weighed heavily in the decision making and approvals.

Increase flights then the flight umbrella is fully utilized. Almost every major airport in the US is facing the same issue.

At twenty miles those aircraft are entering their final approach.

I dumbed this down a bit for you. Since all you do is throw insults I figured you have some cognitive issues.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Bold talk.

Frosh may or may not file suit. He'll do what he thinks will politically hurt Hogan the most. Previous ones nationally have been unsuccessful, notwithstanding your Arizona example. The decision is on hold while the FAA holds more hearings, which is where the problem is, all the procedures weren't followed.

You are apparently unaware the seeds of this were planted more than thirty years ago when it was decided to turn BWI into a regional hub.

There were hearings for several years about it at all levels. The fact that the State was pushing it as an economic driver weighed heavily in the decision making and approvals.

Increase flights then the flight umbrella is fully utilized. Almost every major airport in the US is facing the same issue.

At twenty miles those aircraft are entering their final approach.

I dumbed this down a bit for you. Since all you do is throw insults I figured you have some cognitive issues.

Not bold talk, its the truth and would say it to your face if you need me too! Like I was saying you Moron; the air traffic wasn't around my immediate area like it is now till after Next Gen ( That's the name of the air traffic control system) though I would dumb it down for you! So go have a Natty BO and watch some re-runs of all in the family !

Old 11-20-2017, 05:39 PM

26,928 posts, read 58,162,405 times
Quote:
the air traffic wasn't around my immediate area like it is now till after Next Gen...
Right. Your ox has been gored. Everyone gets it.
The Q is about what other oxen are out there.

Old 11-21-2017, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Right. Your ox has been gored. Everyone gets it.
The Q is about what other oxen are out there.
Since these new stacking and approach vectors took effect one of the patterns, aircraft are at about 1500 feet, takes planes directly over my goose blind. Fifty miles away from BWI in southern Anne Arundel. I never signed up for that. Think I should ***** and moan?

Old 11-21-2017, 03:59 PM

26,928 posts, read 58,162,405 times
Quote:
Since these new stacking and approach vectors took effect one of the patterns, aircraft are at about 1500 feet, takes planes directly over my goose blind. Fifty miles away from BWI in southern Anne Arundel. I never signed up for that. Think I should ***** and moan?
Your neighborhood was even quieter before PAX got established too.
Maybe they should ***** and moan about that?

Old 11-21-2017, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Your neighborhood was even quieter before PAX got established too.
Maybe they should ***** and moan about that?
Oh sweet Christ, down in Solomon's they do. I'm also on one of the flight paths for Andrews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland