U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 10:56 AM

32,107 posts, read 39,170,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackDogs View Post
Actually, I believe Obama commuted her sentence to time served. He didn't pardon her.

Still, she won't win, and it seems this may just be a publicity stunt to keep her in the news, but I can't fault people for deciding to run for office. I prefer that to people who sit back and don't vote or participate in any way.
Commutation is correct, pardon is not.

Manning is being encouraged to run by some instate activists plus many out of state ones.

I'd do the Washington Post link but the paywall intervenes.

I'd like to see someone other than Cardin in the seat, whose idea of constituent service is the same as Paul Sarbanes' was, which means almost nonexistent, but Manning ain't the one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2018, 11:20 AM

170 posts, read 84,414 times
She/he fits right into the Democratic Party of Maryland and the USA.

Old 01-16-2018, 06:01 PM

2,058 posts, read 1,086,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunglo1 View Post
She/he fits right into the Democratic Party of Maryland and the USA.
People like her are part of the reason I'm no longer a Democrat.

Old 01-17-2018, 12:12 PM

5,292 posts, read 5,274,340 times
Black Mirror anyone (for those familiar with the Netflix's series)?! Lol. Smh.

Old 01-18-2018, 01:35 PM

77 posts, read 39,142 times
If Cardin was a republican, Chelsea may have a shot with the way things are trending. But trying to unseat Cardin, as a Dem..nah aint happening.

Old 01-19-2018, 03:09 PM

2,663 posts, read 2,771,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwitty View Post
If Cardin was a republican, Chelsea may have a shot with the way things are trending. But trying to unseat Cardin, as a Dem..nah aint happening.
If Cardin was a Republican he wouldn't be an incumbent in MD

Old 01-23-2018, 06:18 PM

3 posts, read 1,627 times
Default Bradley Manning

He can't PERIOD. As he is still on active duty status he is forbidden from running for any political office (active duty until his appeal is settled). If he were to drop his appeal then he could but then he would accept that he broke the law. You can't appeal a verdict if your not in the military. Just look up thre regs. He will be charged and prosecuted.

Old 01-23-2018, 07:33 PM

2,663 posts, read 2,771,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aproudvet View Post
He can't PERIOD. As he is still on active duty status he is forbidden from running for any political office (active duty until his appeal is settled). If he were to drop his appeal then he could but then he would accept that he broke the law. You can't appeal a verdict if your not in the military. Just look up thre regs. He will be charged and prosecuted.
I thought his/her conviction involved a prison sentence followed by a Dishonorable Discharge. And I believe S/He pled guilty to some of the charges. So if his/her sentence was commuted to time served wouldn't the DD kick in. And by accepting the commutation wouldn't that end any appeal?

Old 01-25-2018, 11:22 AM

558 posts, read 1,137,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
About the only way I could see Manning winning the nomination would be for the Republicans to switch registration to put her on the ticket, so they could ensure the Republican nominee would win in November. I don't think you would ever get enough Republicans willing to try that, though. If you could vote in the primary of your choice, registered as an independent, that might be a possibility. Republicans have standards too high to identify with the opposition.
I'm actually a DINO because it's pointless to be an R in such a blue state. I plan on voting for it in the primary and voting Republican in the general like I do every election. I know of quite a few DINO's as well who plan to do the same. I voted for HRC in the primary and for Trump in the general.

Old 01-26-2018, 05:51 AM

5,823 posts, read 3,766,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneGrail View Post
I'm actually a DINO because it's pointless to be an R in such a blue state. I plan on voting for it in the primary and voting Republican in the general like I do every election. I know of quite a few DINO's as well who plan to do the same. I voted for HRC in the primary and for Trump in the general.
You should have DINO T shirts made up! Maybe a red DINO hat? Or DINO MAGA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or