Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2018, 02:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,047 times

Advertisements

I just recently found out that my current plant is being closed and will be moving all operations to Hurlock, and I have the opportunity to transfer down there. It's something that I'd personally love to go through with, but I seem to be having trouble finding a place to live.

Now, I'm young, so I'm not looking for homes to own; More so, a one bedroom apartment for myself, preferably, since I have many problems with living with people I'm not familiar with. Looking around, I found places that range from around $800+, which is the average, I'm assuming. There are places that are a bit cheaper in somewhere like Salisbury or Cambridge, but after doing just a bit of digging, Salisbury seems to have a ridiculously high crime rate..

My question is ; What are some decent places to live for a single guy in his early twenties that are within an hour from Hurlock? Crime rate would be a large deterrent for me, however I don't have many other conditions. Manageable rent would be the only other factor I could think of.

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2018, 10:25 PM

13,371 posts, read 27,034,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalDepression View Post
My question is ; What are some decent places to live for a single guy in his early twenties that are within an hour from Hurlock?
I'd suggest Easton, about 18 miles from Hurlock. Easton has a couple of bars that might work as hangouts: Doc's Downtown Grille, and the Washington Street Pub.

Easton is reasonably safe, a historic and nice town. I don't know rents, but I suspect you can find something in your budget.

Further away is Stevensville, which would give you access to Annapolis on the weekends. However, it's an hour commute to Hurlock, which I think is too much for the long term.

Old 03-08-2018, 07:15 PM

1 posts, read 984 times
hello dear you could contact the woman who helped my little cousin. get an affordable apartment .contact her via email [email]pamelagreen299@gmail.com[/email]

Old 03-09-2018, 07:56 AM

263 posts, read 230,769 times
I´m from Easton and I know these areas

It´s not likely to find a bedroom in Easton south of 700, let alone a single apartment. at the same time, it is indeed a decent town. there are nicer but it is decent. do not let the heroin rumors deter you...it exists but is easily avoided at the same time

Stevensville is even nicer, but further away and more expensive housing...also the traffic on 50 in the summer is nothing to mess with...look up the statistics on population in Ocean City in the winter vs the summer....10,000 to 320,000 if i recall correctly...not to miss the point...Stevensville to Hurlock for work is not a good idea...more like a trip for a day off

Check out Preston if you cannot find anything suitable in Hurlock.

You will unfortunately want at least BEGIN your time in the area closer than Easton because of the ongoing construction of a new bridge on Dover Rd...you will be on the east side of all of that, living in Preston.

Salisbury is not actually that bad in my experience - Federalsburg and Cambridge are rougher, more desperation in both towns - Preston is not as bad...Salisbury has rough folk but many professionals and university students as well.

feel free to dm me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland