Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 06:24 PM

148 posts, read 242,538 times

Advertisements

Don't force yourself to stay in Md. if you must what about Waldorf? People have mentioned King George and Colonial Beach. While cheaper I dont think the solitude of those two is what you're looking for. Think about Stafford, Va. Close to Fredericksburg, close enough to NoVa. Could try for GS jobs at Quantico, Ft. Belvoir.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2018, 02:26 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,961,851 times
Why not post in the DC Suburb Section? You might get more responses about different enclaves.
Seems like you want to be South. Working in Bel Air?

Old 07-18-2018, 12:04 PM

19 posts, read 15,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameme234 View Post
I may have to stay in Maryland for awhile, but I would like to choose somewhere I would actually like. My family moved to Charles County (between Waldorf and La Plata) while I was almost in middle school. Now as an adult, I cannot wait to leave. I honestly have few good memories, and many of my friends have moved out of state or out of the county. It is not a horrible place to leave, but There is nothing desirable to me (but the house I live in). I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but this area is not for me or my family. I am hoping the house will be sold this year, and if not, well I will be moving regardless.

What areas would you recommend in Maryland that are at least somewhat diverse and with very low crime, under 400K. Yes, anywhere in Maryland or parts of Virginia, or anywhere else nearby.

I admit, I love homes with some land. Not the homes where you can get a stick and poke your neighbors window.

-Opened to townhouses, condos and maybe apartments. I'm very curious on the responses. Be as honest as possible. Also, feel free to be detailed.

Thank you.
Most people move to Frederick to get away from the middle/center of MD. I'm sure most have said this already.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:13 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,651,734 times
I fully understand your feeling like you do.First you'll need a job then a place to live and are you going to finish school while still working? Fredrick is very nice has everything you might want but the weather is all so different then So. Maryland,you might be getting rain in Charles county and 6 inches of snow in Fredrick. There is Annapolis but then again you are changing the income levels from Charles county to Annapolis and the rents are very different and of course lets not forget transportation,..do you have it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland