U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 05:26 PM

3,280 posts, read 4,602,411 times

Advertisements

Downtown LaPlata does have a certain amount of charm. Much of the downtown was rebuilt after the devastating 2003 tornado, and has a new appearance. Last year they elected a new, female Mayor and several younger councilmen with new ideas for walkable redevelopment.....You might check into the Edelen Station condominiums, or the Charleston townhomes on Saint Mary's Avenue. Both these places are walkably close to the popular, Casey Jones outdoor cafe and continental restaurant, the Green Turtle sports.bar, and the Port Tobacco little theater (rated as the best live-theater in the 3-county area)......Another hangout for young adults would be the Texas Road.house on Route 301.....Every Friday night throughout the summer features free, outdoor band concerts by the new town.hall, drawing large audiences of hundreds each week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2018, 05:43 PM

4 posts, read 2,070 times
Hows the neighborhood 20603 (west of 301) vs Billingsley rd area?

Old 04-16-2018, 06:32 PM

468 posts, read 81,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alannnae View Post
Are there any apartment communities in Waldorf or La Plata that are well-managed and safe?
I live in La Plata, and there are no apartments here. I would check these out on the southeast side of Waldorf.

https://www.apartments.com/the-links...rf-md/054d0k0/

https://www.stcharlesapts.com/apartm...at-gleneagles/

https://www.stcharlesapts.com/apartm...ffield-greens/

They would provide good access to Rt. 5 south for your commute while being a little further away from the business of "downtown" Waldorf. Good location for getting to Brandywine, La Plata, Virginia, etc.
Biggest problem with this area (been here 40 yrs) is getting around. Traffic > roads can manage, especially for DC commuters.

I would avoid west of Rt 301 in Waldorf.

You might search lower Calvert County below Prince Frederick. I'm not that familiar with apartments there, and crossing the Thomas Johnson bridge twice a day could present challenges. Depending on where you are working in Leonardtown, base traffic (Patuxent Naval Air Station (or Pax River)) can be tough. There are apartments in St. Mary's County, but I'm not sure about the areas where they are located. It would probably be a no-go for me based on what little I know of the area.

Good luck!

Old 04-17-2018, 02:33 PM

13,765 posts, read 4,077,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alannnae View Post
Hows the neighborhood 20603 (west of 301) vs Billingsley rd area?
Not bad there are some nice apartments off of St,Patricks Drive,here.............

Westchester at the Pavilions | Luxury Apartments in Waldorf

Old 05-06-2018, 09:18 PM

2 posts, read 511 times
I know you are seeking to live in between L.town and DC, but have you considered living in L.town? I know it lacks a mall, but it does have restaurants, bars, and festivals. There are 20 and 30 somethings that hang out there often. Check out NextGen Professionals. They do stuff throughout St. Mary's County. A quick work commute really does wonders. If you do decide to live in St. Mary's, you're really not that far from DC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or