U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 09:12 AM

207 posts, read 312,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I will never understand the purpose of showing up on the Maryland board and doing this. Such a strange thing to do, trash a state continuously online to the people who call it home. What purpose exactly do your posts provide anyway? Do they make you feel better?

To warn people who might want to live here, the true facts about the area, that is why people come on these forums. They want to know all about different areas and not just the good stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2018, 04:51 AM

9,409 posts, read 5,206,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2paisley View Post
To warn people who might want to live here, the true facts about the area, that is why people come on these forums. They want to know all about different areas and not just the good stuff.
It is amusing that you believe they will listen to you. Anyone visiting this thread and considering the area would listen the the vast majority of posters, not the lone wolf such as yourself, and think Ellicott City is great. Your thread is having the exact opposite affect as intended. Please continue.

Old 04-26-2018, 11:24 AM

1,563 posts, read 942,064 times
Quote:
but its just YOUR opinion and it makes no sense. theres not a lot of crime there for real and its like you enjoy the reactions from these posters.

Old 04-28-2018, 02:56 PM

102 posts, read 71,293 times
Quote:
not to mention all the Asians who can't drive.
Yeah those subhuman Asians are inferior to the master race Aryan race like you. Tell us you thoughts on how the African-American race is inferior now?

Old 04-29-2018, 07:51 AM

881 posts, read 461,496 times
Quote:
That's not a city. "Quaint" streets more conducive to wrecks than a pleasant drive. Not enough parking. The "city" lies about parking being free, then collects hundreds of tickets during the Holiday season. Cyclists act like they own the narrow streets. Overpriced "merchants" on Main Street support the parking bait-and-switch. Driving on Rt 40 anytime of day or night is horrible not to mention all the Asians who can't drive. They tend to stop right on Rt 40 in heavy busy traffic and cause lots of accidents. Plus other drivers who seem to be on their cell phones all the time.
Taxes are high as well as the home market. People are rude and seem privileged. They spend millions of dollars on libraries then on public safety and roads and bridges. Commuting on Rt29, Rt100 gets worse everyday.
You're right about the arsehole cyclists and that's becoming an increasing problem everywhere. I suggest more bike paths through the woods and I really never saw the appeal of riding down busy roads. It only takes one bad driver, one freak accident, or one texter/caller not paying attention to wipe you out. You cyclists might be "in the right", but dead or maimed is still dead or maimed regardless of "right". Yes there are Asians who have trouble flowing with the traffic; they can indeed drive, but to "jell" with it is truly an art form.

Homes are pricey but that's because it's a nice area and people want to live there. Homes are cheaper in places where people do not want to live and/or are fleeing. Supply & Demand seems to be a concept lost on all too many people.

You are more than free to not patronize the merchants who you feel are overpriced. I don't, but for the reason that I just do not want more "things" cluttering up my house. Since many have been doing business there for decades (even in spite of a large flood that nearly wiped everyone out) it would seem that they price their wares appropriately. Once again, demand and supply takes shape here.

Old 04-30-2018, 02:07 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,594,326 times
Wow, OP, just WOW. There's a place for everyone and obviously, you've ruled out Ellicott City for yourself.

Personally, I LOVE this town!! Sure, its not everyone's cup of tea but if you want a diverse suburb with a cute historic downtown nearby major commuter routes and a state park? Ellicott City is your place.

Old 05-01-2018, 06:01 AM

9,409 posts, read 5,206,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesindc View Post
yeah those subhuman asians are inferior to the master race aryan race like you. Tell us you thoughts on how the african-american race is inferior now?
lol

Old 05-01-2018, 07:05 AM

4,928 posts, read 3,131,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesInDC View Post
Yeah those subhuman Asians are inferior to the master race Aryan race like you. Tell us you thoughts on how the African-American race is inferior now?
As a white person, I don't regard myself as superior to Asians in any way, shape, or form . . . except in driving ability. Come and hang around the parking lot at Lotte Plaza and you'll see what I mean.

Old 05-11-2018, 01:59 AM

4,937 posts, read 2,563,814 times
Quote:
That's not a city. "Quaint" streets more conducive to wrecks than a pleasant drive. Not enough parking. The "city" lies about parking being free, then collects hundreds of tickets during the Holiday season. Cyclists act like they own the narrow streets. Overpriced "merchants" on Main Street support the parking bait-and-switch. Driving on Rt 40 anytime of day or night is horrible not to mention all the Asians who can't drive. They tend to stop right on Rt 40 in heavy busy traffic and cause lots of accidents. Plus other drivers who seem to be on their cell phones all the time.
Taxes are high as well as the home market. People are rude and seem privileged. They spend millions of dollars on libraries then on public safety and roads and bridges. Commuting on Rt29, Rt100 gets worse everyday.
Egads--your location is Catonsville and you are an expert about Ellicott City?? Don't come there---stay away.

It is a beautiful area. I would encourage people to take a look at this area if they are moving here. Lovely quaint Main Street. Nice activities/events. Rt 100, Rt 29, Rt 40--I practically drive them everyday. OP--I drive on RT 40 all the time--I do not think it is horrible, nor do I notice "Asians" that can't drive, nor do I see drivers on their cell phones. I don't notice any "rude and privileged" people. Rt 29/Rt 100--they are fine--just like any other busy commuting area. Howard County has a lot to offer. I live in a neighboring county and take full advantage of living so close to Howard County.

Old 05-12-2018, 09:27 AM

102 posts, read 71,293 times
Quote:
Reasons to Avoid Ellicott "City" MD
It's close to Baltimore City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland