U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 05:23 PM

767 posts, read 621,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesInDC View Post
It's close to Baltimore City.
I'm pretty close to the Atlantic Ocean. By your logic, Ocean City is crawling with sharks.

But we both know that both are not true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 07:08 AM

2 posts, read 861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2paisley View Post
That flood was so bad a few years ago. It will probably happen again.
Wow, nice call. Traveled all the way from Ohio to look at apartments the weekend before the most recent flooding. Left Sunday morning hours before.

Old 06-04-2018, 10:26 AM

4,955 posts, read 3,140,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_CEAS View Post
Wow, nice call. Traveled all the way from Ohio to look at apartments the weekend before the most recent flooding. Left Sunday morning hours before.

They're building some apartments on the hill across the street from the Roger Carter Community Center. I think they're calling them Burgess Mill II or something like that. Be aware that there used to be an apartment complex there, but it got flooded out in 2016. So they tore the ruined buildings down and are building some new ones, on the same spot!

If you end up leasing there, don't get a place on the first floor.

Old 06-05-2018, 07:46 AM

5,292 posts, read 5,279,534 times
Quote:
Overpriced "merchants" on Main Street support the parking bait-and-switch.
I've always had a problem with these merchants on Main Street.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

This is a funny a$$ post!

Old 06-05-2018, 07:51 AM

5,292 posts, read 5,279,534 times
Quote:
You're joking right, if not ,you're an Idiot that needs to go back to whatever dump you came from!
*Why does he have to be an idiot for speaking his mind about a part of Maryland he has a distaste for. I'm a Maryland and think Elliott City sucks and always has. I don't give a crab's ass how historic that place is.

Quote:
Great breweries and food there along with a nice open funky vibe.
*Alcohol and Open funky vibe people can be found anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunglo1 View Post
You're joking right, if not ,you're an Idiot that needs to go back to whatever dump you came from! I was just up at Ellicott city this past weekend, great place and had a great time. I found parking on the main drag within 5 min of driving down main street, no issues! Great breweries and food there along with a nice open funky vibe. Everybody I ran into there was great. Also , Its a very historic place to go wine and dine , not made for living full time, and its not a city. You sound very much like your from Pissburgh!

Old 06-15-2018, 10:53 AM

207 posts, read 312,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
They're building some apartments on the hill across the street from the Roger Carter Community Center. I think they're calling them Burgess Mill II or something like that. Be aware that there used to be an apartment complex there, but it got flooded out in 2016. So they tore the ruined buildings down and are building some new ones, on the same spot!

We where just there last weekend checking out where my wife's dr office was and we saw this building you mentioned.

I am sure somebody will live there. I wish them luck if we get another flood in the future.

Old 06-15-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
*Why does he have to be an idiot for speaking his mind about a part of Maryland he has a distaste for. I'm a Maryland and think Elliott City sucks and always has. I don't give a crab's ass how historic that place is.

*Alcohol and Open funky vibe people can be found anywhere.
Thanks you Infinite_heights77

Old 06-17-2018, 01:16 AM

779 posts, read 2,875,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post

Eeeeek! Good to know!

Old 06-28-2018, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
Egads--your location is Catonsville and you are an expert about Ellicott City?? Don't come there---stay away.

It is a beautiful area. I would encourage people to take a look at this area if they are moving here. Lovely quaint Main Street. Nice activities/events. Rt 100, Rt 29, Rt 40--I practically drive them everyday. OP--I drive on RT 40 all the time--I do not think it is horrible, nor do I notice "Asians" that can't drive, nor do I see drivers on their cell phones. I don't notice any "rude and privileged" people. Rt 29/Rt 100--they are fine--just like any other busy commuting area. Howard County has a lot to offer. I live in a neighboring county and take full advantage of living so close to Howard County.

I lived for years in EC first.

Mainstreet quaint. Yeah it floods every year it seems like.

The highways are a mess, I don't know what your thinking. Many locals talk about this all the time too.
Columbia- Very privileged and snobby people.
There is no land left even in western HoCo. Build up is so big in this county.

Old 06-29-2018, 09:09 AM

2,983 posts, read 1,341,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
*Why does he have to be an idiot for speaking his mind about a part of Maryland he has a distaste for.

Because for the most part he's factually wrong? Just because you speak your mind doesn't mean that what's on your mind is correct. Opinions are not facts, no matter how much you want them to be. if you went on a medical forum and said lung cancer could be cured by rubbing grape jelly on your chest and chanting, would you be praised for speaking your mind or derided for being factually wrong and an idiot?

Quote:
I'm a Maryland and think Elliott City sucks and always has. I don't give a crab's ass how historic that place is.

I love the area. But you hate everything, so your opinion is pretty much worthless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland