Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 08:36 PM

508 posts, read 526,661 times

Advertisements

Why do we deserve to hear lies from law makers?
======================================

Thanks for replies to my threads.

If I lies to FBI or in govt. security clearance application , I will be in JAIL.

Everyone says, no one above the law, but we are hearing lies from oval office, congress man and senators.

The folks take oath to protect constitution getting away with lies.

What are the provisions can stop these lairs and deserve TRUTHS to citizens?

Thanks for sharing.

Old 05-17-2018, 04:06 AM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times
Politicians lie. This is not new, it's just been taken to a new level with our current President.

Old 05-17-2018, 07:31 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,955,058 times
When they all lie, there is no penalty to any of them.

Old 05-18-2018, 09:14 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNCamry99 View Post
Why do we deserve to hear lies from law makers?
======================================
You deserve it because 1.) you didn't vote, or 2.) you voted them in.

Old 05-18-2018, 04:36 PM

45,332 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
This +1

Politicians lie becuase the voting public wants them to.They lie to get elected and lie to stay elected
I think most of you know I've been involved in elective politics since the 1980s.

Not a lie:
Changing your mind about an issue. I think that's what an awful lot of people consider "lying". I've always said that it's real easy to say A is a solution to a problem when you're running for office. Once you're elected and have all the relevant information you just might, and often do, find that A isn't a solution at all, might be too expensive, not workable or even illegal.

I have people come up to me all the time to ask me questions. I'll often say to them: "Do you want me to tell you what you want to hear, lie to you or tell you the truth? I can do any of the three so you pick one". Surprises most, who'll usually splutter "The truth". I'll then oblige. The ones that don't say that are divided between "Tell me what I want to hear" and asking "Why are you always such a prick?".

Old 05-19-2018, 03:55 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I think most of you know I've been involved in elective politics since the 1980s.

Not a lie:
Changing your mind about an issue. I think that's what an awful lot of people consider "lying". I've always said that it's real easy to say A is a solution to a problem when you're running for office. Once you're elected and have all the relevant information you just might, and often do, find that A isn't a solution at all, might be too expensive, not workable or even illegal.

I have people come up to me all the time to ask me questions. I'll often say to them: "Do you want me to tell you what you want to hear, lie to you or tell you the truth? I can do any of the three so you pick one". Surprises most, who'll usually splutter "The truth". I'll then oblige. The ones that don't say that are divided between "Tell me what I want to hear" and asking "Why are you always such a prick?".
This is kinda what I mean when I say "the voting public wants them to". The Presidential election was a great example .The biggest and the best liar won. NBP you are what I would call an honest "politician" and you're right people change their minds and some even as you say once they get the pertinent info to make an informed decision change their opinion on a subject. My brother was president of a town council where I grew up for about 12 years and the stories he has ....are amazing. Good honest politicians get burned out fast.

Old 05-19-2018, 05:00 AM

Local politicians may be more honest but everyone who has run for high offices has lied to obtain votes. They do tell us what they think we want to hear without the ability back those promises. That's a lie in my book.

Old 05-19-2018, 06:33 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,036 times
Funny how people like politicians who speak their minds, instead of telling people what they want to hear, but when they hear something they disagree with they call it lying.

Old 05-19-2018, 01:19 PM

45,332 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Funny how people like politicians who speak their minds, instead of telling people what they want to hear, but when they hear something they disagree with they call it lying.
Happened to me today. It was funny. I told the person not to ask me the question if he didn't want to hear the answer. He insisted he did and then got pissed off at the answer.

Old 05-19-2018, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Happened to me today. It was funny. I told the person not to ask me the question if he didn't want to hear the answer. He insisted he did and then got pissed off at the answer.
Did you tell him you were going to get a wall built but assured him Virginia would pay for it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
View detailed profiles of: